Type 1 Diabetic - Trying to lose weight and need help!

Options
I am new to MFP and just signed up today! I'm a Type 1 Diabetic been for over 25 years. I was diagnosed at the age of 5 and I’m turning 32 in a week! I need tips on how to lose weight so I can try to have a baby in the next 1-2 years. Can anyone help on how to achieve this goal, share your sucess story, or just some motivation? When I diet I never loose, my blood sugars drop and I'm always low. I want to have a healty baby when I try and my Dr. said to do that I need to loose weight. Please help! :-)

I don't know anything about this site as I came across it online so i figured I would give it a try!

~Alicia:smile:

Replies

• creen52
    Options
    Hello. I am a type 1 about 20years. I too am struggling to lose weight. That scale won't move! Would love to work with you for motivation,, ideas, tips. I too signed up today!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've been diabetic over 25 years. I'm 32, mother of 3. Feel free to send me a friend request.

I've had to adjust my doses when losing and exercising. My total disses are down 40% after losing 37 pounds, and now exercising regularly. At the beginning, I was eating a lot of candy and glucose tabs!