Not hungry

ezreka
ezreka Posts: 53 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
When I started here on June 1st, it was very hard for me to stay within my calories, I even tried cheating a little and adding food I ate one day to the next day. But, now it is very hard for me to eat all my calories, I am just not hungry any more. I try to at least eat 1200 calories a day, but it is hard ...for example today I have only eaten 900 calories and I probably will not be hungry again before bed. Is this normal? I don't want to go into starvation mode, but I don't see how I can if I am not hungry? Oh and I do drink water all day long. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    It depends on what you are eating. If you are eating all low cal foods you might not have room for all of it - try adding some rich calories like peanut butter, some nuts, milk, or protein powder shake.

The difference between 900 and 1200 cals is a spoonfull of peanut butter with a glass of milk - you don't have to be "hungry"

PS - I have the same problem currently, but my activity level has been high and I am trying to eat 2500-3000 cals several times a week - 2000 on a low activity day. But, I have been getting in only about 1800 - and feeling it! I am SO tired after having about 5 days of around a net 700 calorie intake that the workout I did today, I usually burn nearly 700 calories in an hour, and I burned 350, because I just could not keep up!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    I have not done this very much, but I have read other posts that people who are having a hard time getting calories in are either drinking them or consuming higher calorie items such as nuts.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    you have to kind of train yourself to eat. after awhile your body will want something to eat every 2-3 hours.
  • Make up the missing calories in some type of healthy juice
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Your body gets used to what you are doing to it. If you've been operating in "famine" mode for a while (i.e, eating less than you burn), it will make you extra hungry at first to encourage you to go out and forage for more food. But, after a while, it gets the message that there is no food and it stops torturing you with hunger until it gets the sign that you are back in the land of plenty (i.e., when you start eating as many calories as you burn).

This is why I cringe a little when people say "listen to your body!" Because sometimes that works great but sometimes our bodies are lying to us and the last thing we want to do is listen to them.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    My mom was like that. But I got her eating all her cals and eating like every 3 hours like you should and she adjusted eventually. :)
This discussion has been closed.