clothes advice

Options
I need some general help with finding shirts for work that fit properly and don't ride up. I'm 5'6" at 240 lbs a former hourglass turned apple shape. the rule I had heard once upon a time was that you would be fine if your shirt fit naturally (no stretching or pulling) about 2" below the waist of your pants you should be good with no ride up. Some of my tee shirts (not work shirts but info for reference) go down to hip level 5+" below pants waist and still climb my back as I shift from sitting to standing to walking back to sitting, so clearly that rule is crap. i'm well aware that it's also partly a go up in size thing and have accepted that fact, in theory.

Tunics and leggings are not an option because it's not my style at all and not practical if I need to run out to plant floor (I'm and engineer at a metal extrusion plant). and no button down shirts due to boob gap. I tend to have a preference towards polos and 3/4 sleeve v-neck. Does anyone have ideas for some different brands/styles that I could try? i'm also wondering if it's not a more length but rather a go wider thing? I'm drawing a blank here and would like to minimize the amount of shopping time that I would have to do because I avoid that as much as possilbe

Replies

• wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Button down boob gap = a few stitches, or a hidden safety pin. Or bigger shirt. (for me, anyways)
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've taken to wearing a dryfit tank top under most of my clothes... I got white and black ones at TJMaxx for $8 each. I started to wear them just during workouts so my t-shirt wouldn't rise up & expose my belly/back. However I find them to be very comfortable and they almost act like a light-weight spanx (spandex girdle-type thing) but not nearly as restrictive. I tuck it into my pants or skirt & leave my shirt un-tucked. It also serves to give me a smoother, more slender look. Another bonus is that they come up to just above my cleavage so I can even wear something lower-cut, or button-down and it just looks like I am wearing a camisole underneath.

I hope you find this helpful!