sugar cravings…any clean desserts?

Options
Hi everyone!
I just started my journey 1 week ago and am down 4 pound. :) Anyways, I find that my journey to eating healthy is not bad except for the need to eat a dessert EVERY night. I really don't want to give in and lose my progress or completely eliminate sweets altogether. Does anyone know any clean guilt free desert recipes? Any tips on suppressing this craving?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Not sure what would qualify as a "clean" dessert, but I know that a few squares of really good chocolate are great for satisfying a sweet tooth. Also, a 1/2 cup of all natural ice cream is only 160 cals. The trick of course is to only eat a 1/2 cup serving, or just a few squares of chocolate.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Fat free Greek yoghurt with some fruits in it. Great protein source! You can always sweeten with stevia.
    Stef.
  • billyswife0516
    Options
    I have found for me sugar free pudding works for me and its only 60 cals.
  • k1inoregon
    Options
    Banana Oat Cookies! I just tried them last week and fell in love! You take two ripe bananas and 1 cup of oats. Mash the bananas in a bowl and then mix in the oats. I also sprinkled some ground cinnamon into the mixture. Use a spoon to drop the "dough" onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 350 degrees. When I tried them, they tasted a little like a banana muffin but in cookie type form. They helped meet my sweet craving, and I'll definitely make them again. :-)
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sometimes eating the yogurt that's flavored like Black Forest Cake or Key Lime Pie helps curve my cravings.

Sometimes it's best to just eat the thing you want and make you sure your calories/servings are within check.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Often there are individually packaged squares of dark chocolate. sometimes I do berries whipped cream and a square of chocolate for dessert.

Or another thing I've really enjoyed is blending a frozen banana with a cup of milk and a heaping spoon full of cocoa for a nice milkshake :)

orrrrr very thin apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon + sugar.

orrrrr make a batch of cookies freeze the individual cookies raw and pop ONE in the oven when you want. (make sure you calculate the calories in the recipe and that you are not making a whole batch and eating a bunch lol )

or you can stab a wooden stick into a yummy yogurt and freeze it - boom frozen yogurt popsicle

some flavoured teas can also hit the spot if you're looking for zero cal.

good luck!
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sliced strawberries and a small slice of angel food cake isn't too bad for you, and the strawberries are loaded with vitamin C. Any sort of fresh berries sprinkled on Greek yogurt is also super tasty.

Pretty much anything is fine as long as you budget for it earlier in the day and make sure you stick to one serving. Sometimes I even eat just a half a serving so I'm not going crazy with the calories. Don't completely deprive yourself of what you want, just eat a lot less of it.
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I eat really dark chocolate lindt 90% but it is not totally sweet so you might want more like 75% if you have never had it before but it seems to curb my need for chocolate.

I also eat avocado chocolate pudding (do a google search you can make it with cocoa or chocolate protein powder)

I also eat pure greek yogurt with berries, pineapple, banana and sometimes sweetened with honey or jam. also love cottage cheese with fruit and jam.

i also like homemade frozen yogurt or banana icecream. If you freeze bananas they come out with a really creamy texture and are good dipped in chocolate or with a little peanut butter...or even better with both.

There are a lot of guilt free dessert recipies on www.skinnytaste.com Good luck!
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, honey, and a bit of granola... I like it almost as much as ice cream. (ALMOST)

A square of dark chocolate works for me when I want something sweet but not filling.

A banana with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of brown sugar, broiled until the sugar starts to caramelize

A cup of cocoa with marshmallows-- it's got a lot of sugar, but the kind I buy has 30% RDA of calcium and it lasts for a while because I have to sip it
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what qualifies as "clean" as far as desserts go. I eat dessert every night, but it's almost never "clean" (although I have made the banana oatmeal cookies mentioned above (with added cocoa powder), and I do like them).

However, I do have a couple of sweet snacks that I like occasionally. One combo that is particularly filling is a whole wheat, high-fiber tortilla wrapped up with a banana and some natural peanut butter. I have been known to add Nutella to that on more than one occasion. I also really like a vanilla greek yogurt with fresh berries and organic granola, or plain greek yogurt with fresh strawberries mixed with a serving of Nutella. I doubt Nutella is considered "clean"... but maybe there's a "cleaner" alternative out there?
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    homemade berry sorbet! :)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Strawberries with light cool whip.
    Kozy shack 90 calorie chocolate pudding.
    Greek yogurt with fresh fruit.
    Frozen blueberries.
    Piece of dark chocolate.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    2 Frozen bananas blended with some cocoa powder.
    Bam, ice cream.
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    I just saw something on Pinterest - its peanut butter between two banana slices (put in freezer for about an hour) then take them out and dip them in chocolate and put them back in the freezer - I havent tried it yet but sounds delish - mostly healthy and should satisfy your sweet tooth
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    almond milk

3 hands of blueberries

2 tbsp of honey

scoop of whey (Vanilla)

1 tbsp of yogurt and hit blend.....drink until gone......
  • I_am_Kara
    I_am_Kara Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    Bob's stripes soft mints seem to do the trick...serving size is something like 3 mints...but usually sucking on 1 is enough to satisfy me. Plus if you have a Sam's Club around then you can buy them in a big tub and keep them around.
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    Not sure what would qualify as a "clean" dessert, but I know that a few squares of really good chocolate are great for satisfying a sweet tooth. Also, a 1/2 cup of all natural ice cream is only 160 cals. The trick of course is to only eat a 1/2 cup serving, or just a few squares of chocolate.

When I say clean I just mean no flour. white sugar, etc. But your suggestions are something to keep in mind thanks!
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone!
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    saving this for ideas.
  • beastmodebuff
    Options
    I just saw something on Pinterest - its peanut butter between two banana slices (put in freezer for about an hour) then take them out and dip them in chocolate and put them back in the freezer - I havent tried it yet but sounds delish - mostly healthy and should satisfy your sweet tooth

Yes! I saw that I am a pintrest addict. I may just have to try that.