Alternative to oil / oil spray / butter?

Options
optimisticShark
optimisticShark Posts: 136 Member
Hello,

I make pancakes out of beans / bean flour but it requires little oil/butter to cook the pancake on a pan.

Is anybody aware of anything healthy using which I can skip the oil and enjoy the pancakes? I haven't had it since long because of the oil thing.

Replies

• vixxxen88
    vixxxen88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    how about organic coconut oil, or a little bit of fry light ( only one calorie per spray ) ?
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    If you use a non-stick/well-seasoned pan you need very little oil - the 1 cal sprays are fine. Or melt a little butter and just use some kitchen paper to wipe around the pan, rather than pouring anything in (you use a lot less than you think!)
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    A really good quality non-stick frying pan? Failing that, a little bit of oil/butter won't hurt you.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Use a good frying pan. And just a little bit of oil.
  • tchancecover
    tchancecover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    try good oil like olive oil which us healthy for you and yes a good non stick pan.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just use oil but less of it in a good non stick pan. After a while your surprised how little you actually need. Oil isn't. really bad it's just the amount you use and it can be calorific
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I agree...I good non stick pan and a little spray or butter.

Care to share the recipe? :smile:
  • outlawchef1
    Options
    I use organic coconut oil.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Just use a good non-stick pan and a bit of oil or butter...dietary fat is an essential nutrient, you shouldn't be trying to cut it all out...doing so will throw your hormones way out of whack among other things.
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil becel, less calories than butter & health benefits of olive oil.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just use spray for my pancakes... I find it a bit easier to deal with and a small spray won't provide too many calories.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Microwaving the pancakes.

Baking the pancakes on parchment paper.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    A non-stick pan by itself?
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Could experiment with baking it on parchment paper. Nothing seems to stick to that.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    A really good quality non-stick frying pan? Failing that, a little bit of oil/butter won't hurt you.
    This. I rarely use fat thanks to a decent non-stick frying pan. Eggs, meat and most things work fine.
  • shellyjo77
    Options
    Try Coconut Oil.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Coconut Oil.
    I missed the 'healthy' bit.
    We need to know what health benefits the OP is looking for.
    If it's a case of staying fairly low calorie, the type of fat used doesn't make much difference.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I make chickpea crepes all the time and I just use a paper towel to wipe a tiny bit of coconut oil between crepes. did you mean the oil in the batter? If so, many people replace the oil with banana or applesauce
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I use an electric griddle and no spray/oil/butter. If you let the pancake cook well, it doesn't stick when you go to flip it.