insulin resistance

Options
2»

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I am far from diabetic but insulin resistant to certain extent. When I went cold turkey on sweets, I went crazy for 3-4 weeks but after that I don't crave any sweets now. I didn't even have artificial sweeteners for couple of months but now I make my own ice cream and cheese cake if I want to eat some deserts. You can read through my profile for more details.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Only 1 gram but im trying to knock out all "added" sugar and keep natural sugars as low as possible.

I think a bigger issue is that you generally want to avoid the soy based protein powders, especially you're trying to encourage/maintain lean body mass. Whey is the way to go there.

And I agree with Leonidas -- after cutting out a lot of the sugars from my diet, I crave them far less. And a little goes a LOT further than it used to (shoot, even fruit tastes amazing now).
  • DebLynn14
    DebLynn14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Teas that are without sugar and work well - white tea (with caffeine) or apple tea or chamomile (no caffeine). Experiment, you may find others you like that help with sugar cravings. Also drinking water sometimes. I sometimes find that when I'm craving ice cream or pudding, I'm really just dehydrated.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    DebLynn you may have some good suggestions for helping people with cravings - but not likely to be the posters before you as all these posts were made 9 years ago.