Flabby skin

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new here and have about 119 Lbs. to lose. I am concerned about the resulting flabby skin that will be left causing me to still look big. Has anyone that has lost a lot of weight got any tips besides surgery?

Replies

• DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you search for "extra skin" or "loose skin" you'll find a lot of comments on it. Results vary widely based on age, how much is lost, and genetics.
  • nikkinicole87
    Options
    Work out from day one!! Nothing extreme at first but work on your problem areas the most and as you lose weight increase your workouts!! :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have lost 119pds so far! Yes I have loose skin I have been overweight my whole life! Ill take loose skin over 330pds any day! Dont let loose skin keep you from losing weight! Its worth it!

2luqfcz.jpg
  • Mr_Starr
    Mr_Starr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was also worried about it. I did a bunch of reading on it, and from what I gathered if you lose weight slowly your skin will adjust.

from my experience...
    I am 51 years old and have lost 62 lbs so far. I have about 25 left to go, and I do not have, nor expect to have loose skin. I have averaged losing about 1 lbs a week (my goal is to loose between 1/2 lb up to 2 lbs a week).
  • babyfat6969
    babyfat6969 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :( ive tried to tighten and tone but im having a hard time .