Another HRM question

JennS19
JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
So I'm thinking of purchasing one for myself in the next few weeks. Which ones are a good product for not a bunch of $$$. what is the average price for a HRM? $100 or $150 or more. I hope it's not too expensive, as I'm broke most of the time. LOL Are they easy to use? What are your likes and dislikes with your HRM?

Thanks for the help!!

Jenn

Replies

• cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    I just bought one. I got it off Ebay and it was brand new. Here is the description: Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor-Lady's- BRAND NEW. I paid $65. I read on here that you should get the Polar brand and it should be the FT7 model or higher.

I set it up but I havnt used it yet (tomorrow will be day one). It was really easy to set up and the directions are simple.

Hope that helps!
  • JennS19
    Yes it does...very much!! Thanks
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    I have the FT7 and love love love it.
  • I went to ****s sporting good or you could go to any sportstore & bought mine for $79.99 brand new. It's the solo 925 hrm & pedometer made for ladies. It's a pink watch too. It doesn't have wear you have to wear the chest strap around your chest. Its stops when Im sitting for awhile. you can turn it on & off to calculate. I wear it all day cause I work at a animal hospital..besides when I go walking - I calculate me getting up, walking back & forth, picking up things, go on errands etc. I figure my walking time with it to. I add to my notes for the day what my readings were for the day with calories burned & how many steps I took. My profile is figured for a desk job, but alot of times Im not sitting

Good luck
  • JennS19
    So with the Polar one how do you wear it, is it an arm band or watch? I'm just curious. I guess I could stop being lazy and go look it up. LOL
  • fxst78
    fxst78 Posts: 221 Member
    I got mine from ALDI for $25 with a 3 year warranty. Works a treat and has all the features of the more expensive brands. Only thing it doesn't have is the gps tracking that some of the really $$$ ones have.
  • cuddlegrl
    cuddlegrl Posts: 101 Member
    So with the Polar one how do you wear it, is it an arm band or watch? I'm just curious. I guess I could stop being lazy and go look it up. LOL

Mine has a chest strap and a watch. You wear them both while your working out and they sync together. The chest strap transfers the data into the watch. You can also enter the data into Polar's website either manually or by buying another device to transfer.

This is what I have gathered from the directions and readings on here. I just got it in the mail yesterday! I'll keep ya posted :wink:
  • I have a Polar F11 bought it at ****'s for about $100. I did tons of research on it before I bought it and it is great. I am very happy with it. It has a watch and a chest strap. You don't even notice the strap, it just feels like a bra. Almost every machine at the gym syncs with it so it gives you accurate result. Because of the chest strap, it reads your heart rate correctly and you burn almost twice the calories it shows at the gym.

It's the best investment I've made. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.
This discussion has been closed.