Sports Bra for us girls with the bigger ones ....

Options

Replies

• panda1968
    Options
    wal mart has some new sports bras out and they are very confortable and we dont flop in them they fit out shape.
  • jennyos
    Options
    I just bought a shock absorber, the one specifically designed for running. its amazing!!!! there is no movement at all! it is a bit expensive though (about £30) but it's worth it in the long run.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Yay another shock absorber!!! My boobs have shrunk slightly from a 46G at their biggest to now a 38D BUT I swear by shock absorbers - I honestly don't even notice my boobs when running :) xxx
  • bonnieclarke
    Options
    Doubling up is the answer girlfriend. Cheaper and very shock absorbing.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40D, almost DD and I wear a regular bra underneath a sports bra that's just a little too snug. It works splendidly :)
    I even did this in high school when I ran cross country and played softball. Trust me, those babies won't even budge if you do this :)

Hope this helps!!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36J (yes J!) and I have the impact free one from Bravissimo - www.bravissimo.com I also wear a tight gym vest which has a "shelf" under the bust for extra support.
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice! I was looking at the enell's, but I'd like to find a retail store where I can try it on first. I like that the straps are adjustable. I'm short too...only 5', and it seems that the straps that arent adjustable are always too long. I"m going to try doubling up for now, and then I think I'll try the enell or Bravissimo.

Ty,ty, thankyou!
  • amydoranworkman
    Options
    Go to the web site www.ladygrace.com. That is where I get mine. They have the bigger cup sizes. I had looked everywhere something to keep me from killing my back and neck from the weight of my breasts. Everytime I would go into a dept store and look for one the larger size sports bras the biggest size would be a 36D. Well, I'm a 38F. I was venting to a friend and she had just gotten her catalog from them so she let me look at it and I ordered the best sports bra. I ordered several bras in different sizes so I could get the right fit and the returned what didn't fit properly (with no problem). I wont get my bras from anywhere else. The price is right, and I really like their service. Good luck in your
  • amydoranworkman
    Options
    I get mine from Lady Grace catalog. They have a great website www.ladygrace.com. The price and service is great! I'm a 38F and had a horrible time finding anything to fit me until a friend gave me her Lady Grace catalog! Now thats the only place I get my bras, regular and sports. Hope this helps,
  • allief
    Options
    Yep yep yep. The double sports bra's are definite for the larger ta-ta's. :) I always wear 2 when I hit the gym.

Same here
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Champion makes an awesome sports bra with adjustable velcro straps and a bra back closure.
    I also have one of their 360 Max ones and it works well, but I'm not a larger framed girl, so the unadjustable straps are a downside. The straps are so big I had to go down to a M (I'm a 36DD at 5'4", 138 lbs).
    I really want to try the Under Armor front zipper ones, but again no adjustable straps so I'm afraid that won't work etiher and don't want to spend the shipping to send it back.
    I hate that no one makes a sports bra with adjustable straps that's a racerback. It wouldn't be that difficult. All workout tank tops are racerbacks, so it's a pain to have your bra stick out on the sides (especially when you've got great new back muscles to show off! :laugh: ).
    If your size permits, go with the champion. You seriously will NOT be disappointed.
  • katxena
    Options
    I used to wear two sports bras, which worked ok for most things -- even running on the treadmill. But when I started running outdoors, I found that it was too much compression. I have asthma, and it was hard to breathe! Plus, they just weren't stable enough, and I was hurting.

The Enell bra is well worth the money. The girls don't move in it -- not one millimeter. Consider that if you're wearing two sports bras anyway, the difference in cost may not be as much as you think. I wear cheap workout clothes otherwise, but I spend money on Enells.

Edited to add: I'm a 42DD, just like you.
  • chubby_mama_wyo
    Options
    42DD myself been a DD since jr high, i would double or triple so i could run comfortably in PE still do today because I cant afford a $70 bra lol. also you may think about getting some of those bra clips, they make a regular bra like a racer back, but the bigger effect is that they lift your boobs and make your everyday (mines an underwire bra) do a better job holding and supporting.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant Ultimate Sports bra. I couldn't find anything in their stores (whatever it was they directed me to as a "sports bra" was a joke!) but someone directed me to this one online and IT WORKS! I can run or do jumping jacks and higher intensity stuff with no problems...AND it is comfortable. They are a little pricey... my advice is to wait until a bra sale (there is one going on right now, but sometimes they do Buy 2, Get 2 as well) and also go to retailmenot.com to see if you can get an additional discount off of that. They will also ship for free to local stores.

http://www.lanebryant.com/ultimate-sport-bra/p31367/index.pro

ETA: Just noticed that you said you are short... I am 5'1" and a DDD and this works for me! :) Actually, I had to adjust the straps OUT from where they started (though that was probably because it came from the factory instead of other people trying on at the store!)
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    38G when I started. Now 34DDD. I wear a regular bra and two sports bras, usually. If I don't wear a regular underwire bra, I am absolutely not supported. Of course, I buy the cheap sports bras, so my advice may not be helpful.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I wear an underwire minimizer bra 24/7. I find it best to use a sports top that is long like a tank top (not the ones that look like a bra) It has to be long enough to tuck into my shorts to keep it from riding up. This really helps to hold those suckers down!

Edit to add:
    the tank top has to fit tight!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I have to add an endorsement for the Enell. This bra = life changing. I'm not exaggerating. Doubling up did nothing for my girls, neither did any other sports bra I tried.

Title Nine sports (an online retailer with great customer service and easy-breezy return policy) sells it as "the last resort bra".

It's not pretty, it's not cheap, but I now run, dance, and jump rope. All without pain.
    :flowerforyou:

http://www.titlenine.com/product/313801.do
  • katxena
    Options
    I have to add an endorsement for the Enell. This bra = life changing. I'm not exaggerating. Doubling up did nothing for my girls, neither did any other sports bra I tried.

Absolutely agreed. I never thought I could run until a friend of my told me about the Enell.
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Can anyone out there that may have been in the same situation advise on the most supportive sports bra for us larger girls? I am a 42DD at the moment, I have lost 26 pounds, and with that have gained the strength to do so much more, and I feel great. However, simple things like jumping jacks prove to be quite painful. I have tried many different sports bra's and none seem to do the trick. I usually do the bounce test in the dressing room, and more often then not, they are worse than my everyday bra. Someone here has got to have the answer! Please help....

ive always heard to wear two... i use the ones from walmart that are super tight but they still flop around haha it does suck but the best thing ive heard is to wear two
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Our local running store had an open house recently and besides shoe fittings, they also had bra fittings. Dude, they have ones that make you feel like Lara Croft from 'TombRaider' - solid like Kevlar!! These girls ain't movin' a bit! I bought one right away and love it. Less than $30. Go to a running store and let them really fit you - it should be free!