Transition from low carb to calorie counting

Options
I started a low carb diet two weeks ago. I average about 25 grams of carbs a day and those are mostly in the form of veggies. But I have to admit I'm a carb addict. I crave them. At this point I'm craving them so badly I would trade my first born child for some. I've been considering going to a calorie counting diet (according to MFP I should have 1200 calories a day to lose the weight I want to lose, I'm 5'3" and started at 167, now I'm down to 157). The thing that holds me back is I'm not hungry on a low carb diet and I'm losing weight, but I am incredibly bored. The only other way I've ever lost weight was an eating disorder back in my teens and I know that isn't healthy. So I'd like to do this sensibly without feeling terribly deprived, but still seeing the scale move at a good pace because I honestly don't keep going if I don't see fairly good progress. So if I transition to calorie counting will I gain back what I've lost so far? And will I really continue to lose weight?

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You may gain some of the water weight that you lost on the low carb diet but it shouldn't be too bad. Yes if you run a calorie deficit you will really continue to lose weight.
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with carbs to. Once my body got used to cutting back it does not bother me as bad. Although, I do crave carbs on occasion such as BREAD...which is a major weakness for me.