Exercises for arms...

Options
What are good exercises to lose the fat on the upper arms?? I have seen a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight(I need to lose 130 pounds at least), but their arms remains pretty much the same as they were when they were obese. I want to avoid that(at least as much as possible, I know they'll have some fat anyways), but I want to know what to do about it?? Help, please!! :cry:

Replies

• MTDork87
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? Try Self: Bikini Ready, Fast! I just found this today on instant watch and have only done it once but I liked the vibe (most exercise videos make me cringe) and definitely felt the burn with 5 lb weights. And it's free and you can watch it whenever from your computer or Wii or Xbox. In general, I find that you can maintain arms without building huge biceps by working on them for 20-30 mins every other day. It's kind of a burden, but it'll be worth it for those Michelle Obama arms!
  • fullboost
    fullboost Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say you can't choose where you burn fat, you can exercise your arms and build the muscle underneath the fat but you can't control where the fat that's burned up comes from unfortunately!
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    NIna,
    I wonder if what you are seeing are the "mud flaps" that are felt over after weight loss.
    As far as I know, the best thing to do is try to tone your arms with the proper exercise.
  • AlyssaC2010
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't choose which spots to lose weights, however you can still build up muscles in your arms. You'll need some upper body strength because it'll help with your posture. Bicep curls, concentration curls, Lateral raises, tricep dips, bench presses, boxing (also helps with upper back), push ups, tricep kickback, dumbbell rows, and dumbbell flys are some good ones. If you need some instructions feel free to message me and I'll be happy to explain them to you :)