Domino's ads

Options
amyjo519
amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
Anyone else think the Domino's Pizza ads on this website are just plain mean!?!?! Don't get me wrong...I absolutely looooove Domino's....but seriously!! When I'm trying not to eat it and I keep seeing it...oh wait! It's a temptation, isn't it?!?!?! That's it, it's totally just making us practice saying no, no, no! HAHAHAHAHA

Replies

• ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :laugh: LOL if you don't want to see them just right click on the actual add it will block it for you :flowerforyou:
  • lilmom1
    Options
    I use to love watching cooking shows etc...can't do ita any more...unless I am eating while I do it otherwise it is cruel...punishment.....lol...I am with you...block those ads !!!!!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    nope not mean at all, at least not to me. i'm resolved not to eat stuff i don't plan to eat or food that doesn't give healthy nutrients to my body. if it's an off day, i'll eat a slice of pizza. otherwise, the food ads don't bother me.

i see them, but i've worked too hard to go back to slightly fat.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    This is why I love TIVO. Heck, you can't even watch Thintervention or Too Fat for Fifteen without seeing a fast food or candy commercial. This is war and I'm all about winning mine!!!
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    I absolutely REFUSE to EVER eat domino's again after watching "One Nation Overweight" .... The CEO said its perfectly fine to let kids have domino's because it's very healthy. WTF!! LOL
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Turn on your Ad blocker :) That helps
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    As I'm reading this post I have a Domino's ad t the right and a Papa John's above....I guess they really want somebody to eat pizza! I never really pay attention to the ad's on here. Pizza sounds really good though, I havent had it in a while. But I don't care for either of those places.
  • miacatherine
    miacatherine Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Dominos CAN be healthy. You just have to know how to do it.

I have gallbladder issues so I can't have cheese... so my pizza is

Thin crust
    Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Robust tomato sauce
    Feta
    Diced Tomato.

The whole pizza is about 1200 calories They cut it in squares because it's thin crust, so it feels like I'm eating more because they're a greater quantity of pieces
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    I think the ads on here are smart ads... meaning they show you items you have recently searched for. Ex: When I was looking for wedding shoes, I'd get a TON of shoe ads.

So if youve ever searched for pizza or ordered online you might get the dominos ad... :)
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HAHA I never noticed it until i saw your post! lol So funny. And I hate all pizza. Such a waste of calories.
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    Well maybe I should elaborate ... They were asking him about the pizza that gets served in schools to kids at parties or whatnot which is normally pepperoni pizza - extremely unhealthy.

No matter how you eat it, I think its unhealthy. The sodium in fast foods are totally ridiculous and if you eat 2 pieces as miacatherine described (2 is a reasonable serving size unless you eat veggies on the side and then 1 is more reasonable) it equals 430 calories, 21g fat (4g of saturated fat), and 870mg sodium. To me, that's too much. It's not worth it to me. However, I can no longer eat greasy foods, high-sodium foods, etc. because they make me incredibly sick. But for the CEO to emphasize on how healthy pizza is, is ridiculous. I even made homemade pizza in hopes of it being somewhat healthy and felt like I had food poisoning afterwards. I'm an avid clean, non-processed food eater now so I avoid this type of food by preference.
  • skinnytayy
    Options
    HAHA I never noticed it until i saw your post! lol So funny. And I hate all pizza. Such a waste of calories.

Agreed!
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I never eat at Dominoes but I saw the Dominoes ads. And thank you for showing me how to block those. :)

Dominoes is last on the list because there pizza isn't even as good as Tombstone Pizza from the store. And we have much better pizza places in town than "chains". I avoid chains like the plague. And I can because we have lots of local places here. And that's the best. And there are even healthy options for pizza if you're so inclined.

There are few things I can't make better at home than I can get in the chains restaurants. It has to be something unique. And that's always been true even when it came to fast food for me. It's gotta have a twist cause plain ol' plain ol' will just never do.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    If you type in Jillian Michaels her add will prob show up:laugh:
  • amyjo519
    amyjo519 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I think the ads on here are smart ads... meaning they show you items you have recently searched for. Ex: When I was looking for wedding shoes, I'd get a TON of shoe ads.

So if youve ever searched for pizza or ordered online you might get the dominos ad... :)

OOOOOOhhhhhhh! So I've totally been busted!!! HAHAHAHA LOL