if you were over 300 pounds and lost it how did you do it?

I have been on my journey for a year now with gain backs setbacks due to medications and such,right know im doing 3 mile walks and cutting back calories when i can, but sometimes while im cutting i get the night time hunger bug which causes me to eat i don't eat much just enough to take the hunger out some days im hungry after cardio some days im not why is this?i cant afford and elliptical so boring treadmill walks is what i have to do.i want to get out of the 300's before i join a gym and start lifting.today i did a 25 minute aerobics dvd but feel guilty because i usually walk 3 miles it takes me 50 minutes so i feel i have not done enough.latley my diet consist of subway 6 inch chicken subs and salads i try to eat 2.220 calories a day usually im under it or 100 to 200 cals over it.i don't have much money so going keto is out of the budget plus im not sure on how to execute it right.i mostly feel bad because i feel i have not busted enough *kitten* during the day to have a sufficient impact they say walking helps but its slow weight loss but after my 3 mile walks im not that exhausted its hard while doing it but i recover pretty quickly.also the times its going to take to loose 100 lbs also hinders me in my thinking at my current weight and the work i put in i feel i should have lost more.

i need a fool proof plan with walking lifting aerobics to ensure i loose every week can you guys help me with this are their any good books to read to put you in right mindset to loose a ton of weight

thanks for listening

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    I started at 333 pounds. there is no fool proof method but my advice is don't make it too complicated. Weigh and measure everything accurately stick within your goals try and maker better choices but don't exclude everything if you occasionally want some chocolate have some if it fits within your calorie goals. Also if you don't know how to learn to cook that way you have far more control and far more choice of food

As for exercise all I did for the first 3 months was walk. Walking is a great start. Walk outside not on a treadmill walking on a treadmill will drive you insane enjoy the outside no matter the weather. I think sometimes people jump in with all this exercise when they aren't in fact mentally ready that's why I always recommend walking as a start. Long term wise you need to find an exercise or activity you enjoy. if you don't enjoy it you wont do it long term. If you like the gym fine but remember not all exercise involves a gym there are so many other activities you can do.