2»

Replies

• MissClara90
    Options
    Thank you! i love Thai sauce i have to try it:D
  • msbrownbeauty87
    msbrownbeauty87 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my MFP wall yesterday and it seems to have gone down well with my friends so I thought I'd share it with everyone else! :)

As it's just before Pay Day, all I had left in my fridge last night was a load of green veg, so I sauteed them in a little sunflower oil and wanted a yummy sauce to go with them that would make it seem like more of a meal. This is the result of that!

The amounts I've provided made enough for me and a very large portion of green veg. Calories worked out at about 200kcal for the portion (just the sauce). Feel free to play around with the quantities until you find what works for you!

-2 full tsps of natural, organic peanut butter (I used crunchy but smooth would work just as well)
    -2 tsps of soy sauce
    -Half a tsp of sugar (I used white but I think brown would be lovely with this!)
    -A tiny dash of fish sauce (you could easily use salt for this, I just think the fish sauce gives it a little bit of an extra kick)
    -A dash of lime juice
    -1 clove of freshly smushed garlic

Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl with a bit of cold water until you get the consistency you want and drizzle over sautéed greens (broccoli, courgette, spinach and asparagus was my choice), chicken, fish... the possibilities are endless!

:)

Bump i love peanut sauce and have been trying to find a simply recipe. thanks
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    tried a variation of this recipe, we loved it, using 75g of peanut butter for 5 peple. i added ginger, coriander and a bit of mild chilli powder, along with natural yogurt and chicken stock.and misused the fish sauce, with chicken, green veg and noodles. Definalty one to try again.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love peanut sauce and can eat a large portion easily. So I like to make this recipe which also uses PB2, sugar free peanut flavored syrup, and Walden Farms peanut spread so I can eat the serving size I want and enjoy it guilt free. http://www.mymotherssecrets.com/thai-peanut-sauce.html
  • Daph_car
    Daph_car Posts: 6
    Options
    cant wait to try this! :love:
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe tonight for dinner and my husband and I loved it. We will definitely make it again. Thank you very much!
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Love! Thanks for sharing! :)