Hello from Vancouver Island

Options
Hello, I'm Lea...I'm 25 years old, 5 foot 9, and 198 lbs. I'm struggling with binge eating disorder and general anxiety disorder. I work in fast food (Wendy's) which is completely counter-productive (and goes against everything I believe in), but fear of new people and feeling that I am too inadequate for any other job keeps me from getting a new one. I have a lot of healing to do and it's hard to know what to begin with. But my weight and how I think about myself bothers me the most right now, so I'm going with that.

I am here to find people to add who can lead by example as far as food logs go. I have researched nutrition extensively but still have a hard time putting together a well-balanced diet for myself and would like to sneak a peek into how other people manage their meals. Ideally I want to eat mostly whole-foods, plant-based foods, but I don't feel I'm ready for 100% vegan.

I have never followed any sort of daily routine; my childhood was extremely chaotic and violent and my erratic lifestyle reflects a very disordered mind. I have a very hard time doing any one thing daily (showering, brushing teeth, eating regular meals, sleeping at the same time every day), so exercise and food prep are pretty much the bane of my existence. Has anyone else started out like this, but successfully trained themselves to be disciplined?

Replies

• Rainydaygirl1
    Rainydaygirl1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was the same way with any kind of order growing up, we never had any routine, moved a lot etc. Feel free to add me, I'm on the island too. Hopefully help push each other to our goals
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I love Vancouver!

tumblr_lyy1lycvvh1rol9xto1_500.gif
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm from Vancouver, 23 5'6 ( don't know how much i weight yet.. just jumping back on wagon)
    I suffer from anxiety attacks and trying to ween myself off meds.
    I use to binge eat to like crazy.. you can do it just stop starving yourself :) (that is what worked for me)
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hello from your neighbor in Seattle! :)

I also struggle with anxiety, and depression, which makes it hard to motivate myself to do much of anything, let alone make food and exercise. I can understand where you are coming from.

You can add me if you like! Though, I am not even close to eating as well as I ought to, so I may not be the best of examples...

Have you ever tried filling out job applications just for fun/practice? I do that sometimes to keep my resume skills sharp, and it's sometimes fun when people 'want' you for an interview. Good ego boost, haha

Good luck!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm on Vancouver Island now for vacation. I didn't calorie count to lose most the weight but when I started dieting I was a total mess. My parents had been so angry and violent at home I had to leave before I was 17. Went to see a therapist about the whole mess- it left me pretty twisted in the head. When I got that under control I found it 1,000x easier to keep other stuff together like diet and exercise. Before that it was a real grunt and I never had any success.

I can't help myself though, I have to ask, why do you want to be a vegan?

edit: grammar
  • egur10
    egur10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im on the island 24yr. 5'9 prett fantastic diet mostly vegetarian but eat fish add me!
  • egur10
    egur10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sorry kind of jumped the gun without reading your whole post!

Im sorry about your upbringing. Ive recently come out of 10+ years of addiction and feel like a child 're-learning' everything. I deal with anxiety and depression but I find real peace and focus with exercise and nutrition. Its the very least i can do for my brain/mood. Which is generally erratic :/ anyway thanx for sharing felt it more appropriate if i share too
  • violabec
    violabec Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi from Vancouver!
    I'm sorry that you lived with such dysfunction as a child (which makes things chaotic now) ... I would suggest making small goals, and not to beat yourself up if you can't complete them. If you are able to keep up with daily logging, then great! If not, maybe you can commit to one meal/day to start?
    In any case, just wanting to say a quick hello from a fellow west coaster :smile: