Bread

Cibatta, tortilla wrap, panini or roll, what's the best option, lowest in fat/cals? I don't normally eat bread during the week, but having a Friday treat for lunch tomorrow

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    There is no reason to avoid bread, not even if you are diabetic and on a low carb diet, just do not eat a ton at a time. Measure a portion of whatever you like to eat, look up the calories and see how it fits your daily calories and carbs.
  • Yes youre right
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Which concerns you more, fat or calories?

Bread products with seeds in them/ on them might be slightly higher in fat, but it's the good kind.

If it's just calories that matter, then smaller is better, so whichever item weighs the least. But I'd rather spend 100 cals on a decent tasting roll than 45 on a small piece of white bread that tastes like cardboard.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Which concerns you more, fat or calories?

Bread products with seeds in them/ on them might be slightly higher in fat, but it's the good kind.

If it's just calories that matter, then smaller is better, so whichever item weighs the least. But I'd rather spend 100 cals on a decent tasting roll than 45 on a small piece of white bread that tastes like cardboard.

Totally agree! and I find the seeded breads keep you full much longer! (also seem to fill you up faster)
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    :( Bread was one of the items cut completely. It was hard as hell to be fair. Now its definitely in the treat food section. Even then it's mainly a seeded pita.

God i miss bacon sarnie with loads of butter and brown sauce.
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Check the labels. If you are getting things from a bakery (sans label), you can always find similar/equivalent items that come with labels.
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    My wife and I like the deli flats in the bread section. They are 100 calories each, and work for us for peanut butter, cheese sandwiches, burgers, black bean patties, or whatever. Compared to 200 calories for 2 typical pieces of bread, it's a caloric bargain.