1lbs a week?

Options
Hi, I'm new to this website. My aim is to put on weight (bulking). I noticed that Myfitnesspal only let's you enter Gain 1lbs a week. Can't I changed it to anything higher somehow?

Replies

• Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    These things are more of an estimate than anything else but even 1lb a week is good, you don't want to fire it on too quickly. I'm not an expert though (even though I can put on 1lb just looking at a cake lol). Why don't you go into community and see if there are any groups for gaining weight, I'm sure there will be some, and they can advise the best way to go about it heathily. Good luck :smile:
  • BrofessorPHD
    BrofessorPHD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can change it to anything you want...for instance..mine says i lost 4800lbs.

I am currently bulking as well ...i dont even bother logging my weight on here since it fluctuates so much.
  • knot_enough
    knot_enough Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can change it to anything you want...for instance..mine says i lost 4800lbs.

congrats on the 4800lb weight loss!
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    1lb per week is around the upper threshold you want to shoot for. Gaining too much too fast means excess fat gain.
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yeah remember the goal is muscle gain, not fat! 1 lb a week is a good goal to strive for. That's tough work, I'm sure. I've never bulked before though, so I'm sure somebody else will pipe in!
  • thefitfeather
    Options
    Hi There! I used this to calculate my macros and then changed my goals using custom to reflect what I needed. Hope this helps! And welcome to MFP! :)
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/shortcut-to-size.html