Only lost 1.8 in 2 weeks.

Options

Replies

• Tamdudette
    Tamdudette Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd add more exercise and a protein breakfast... If you switched the calories your taking in by having the flavoured creamers for the same amount of calories in boiled eggs, I bet that would help. As other have said, when I started eating eggs for breakfast, I found that I wasn't hungry at all till lunch :) But I also agree that 0.9 lbs per week is a very healthy rate to lose weight! good for you!
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I didnt notice a whole lot of weight loss until I quit drinking pop. Even diet POP has sodium in it and this only causes you to hold onto water. I have not looked at your diary so I am not sure what your sodium intake is. Dont give up on yourself... this is a process.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    eat more protien to help feel full, and make sure you get enough so you aren't losing muscle too, get your fat in for health, start some sort of resistence exercise if you arent' already.

As for the weigh loss...if you did just start exercising you can expect some water and gylcogen stores..

I know at 1700 a day I loose about 0.6lbs a week...

Just stick with it you are doing fine.

as for the sodium eh just drink some water, and cream in coffee if it fits in your calories who cares...diet soda I love my diet coke that wont make you hold fat...honest...and I eat toaster strudle all the time.

My diary is open feel free to take a look ...
  • jimmason20
    jimmason20 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I agree with WBB. When your not getting enough calories your body starts to store them. Also someone above suggested to eat more at breakfast which is smart. With doing a video exercise 3-5 times a week you also have to consider muscle gain if there are any strenght exercises in the video. Measure inches not lbs!!! Last but not least, please cut the diet sodas. i love them too but when i replaced them with water the weight loss for that first 2 wks was like 5 lbs. 1.8 in 2 weeks is great it's a marathon not a sprint!!!!!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    1.8 pounds in 2 weeks is perfect. This isnt' the Biggest Loser. You're not working out 4-5 hours a day and dehydrating yourself before weigh-ins. A pound-ish per week is exactly where you want to be.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I used the scooby calculator for BMR and it was at 2000 calories. It said TDEE was 2500

SO - eating 1500-1700 I believe is a healthy weight loss range.

How much weight do you want to lose?

If your TDEE is 2500 and you're eating a deficit of 1000kcals, that equates to 2lb loss a week which is quite a lot.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ya I mean sometimes it just takes a bit for weightless to start. I would also try eating more protein in the morning and less sugar overall. Try being satisfied by sugars that are in fruits! Also are you drinking plenty of water?
  • megzmom919
    Options
    Isn't it frustraing to be following everything and not lose like you want? I feel for you, but like others have said possibly some muscle weight and since you only weigh yourself every 2 wks maybe that day you had a little more water weight, so try it again next day and see if it is any different. Dont get obsessed with numbers. That's what I've alwasy heard. Do you feel different in what you wear and how it all fits? sometimes the weight isnt as important as the actual body shrinkage. LOL I know though I always want to see the numbers come down on scale everytime but hang in there. We are in this together and wishing you lots of luck
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race on this one.

almost 2 lbs in 4 weeks is half a pound a week. If you did that for a full year 26 lbs would be gone. And more than likely, it would be gone for good because this is a healthy rate of lose.

Stick with it - keep logging - make healthy decisions and it will all work out in the end :-)

Best of luck!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The first two weeks I started trying to lose weight I gained two pounds. At the end of the third week I joined MFP, and the first couple weeks were slow going (2.4 pounds lost in that time) until I hit a bigger number last week. You may need to make an adjustment or two but it will happen!
  • itsjemma
    itsjemma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That sounds about the going rate to me?
    I find my weight comes off in whooshes; nothing... Nothing... Whoosh!! Everybody is different, stick with it and mmonitor it for a while before worrying about making changes.
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support! I'm really going to cut out the sugar.. and order my fitbit today. I think hard-boiled eggs is something I can do that's easy and cheap enough.

I don't keep diet soda at home... so I don't drink it at night. However... i'm just not ready (honestly) at this point. Maybe if the scale doesn't budge after then next two weeks. HAHA.

The goal is to ultimately lose the extra fat and weight so my back can have some more relief. I do not want to need any painkillers or drugs for my chronic back problems (addictive personality) I know losing this extra weight, working out, strength training will get me the relief I need to live a happy and healthy life. One little step after another. :)

Have a great day!!
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I noticed that your diet is pretty high carb/high sugar and low protein. You are eating a lot of empty calories through your creamers, granola bars (which is basically a cookie) and other sugary stuff. You are also not eating anything but sugar before 11 a.m.

Is there a way you can spread out your food a bit more, eat a healthy breakfast and make sure you get protein at breakfast, lunch and dinner? That might help.

What type of exercise are you doing?
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I used the scooby calculator for BMR and it was at 2000 calories. It said TDEE was 2500

SO - eating 1500-1700 I believe is a healthy weight loss range.

I agree - Way too much sodium on my part... I also need to drink more water.

I may make the investment and get a fitbit one and keep it in my bra or clipped onto my pants. I don't want the wrist one.. bc I work in sales and don't want everyone knowing.

I am very sodium sensitive, so if I get 2,000 mg of sodium daily I can retain several pounds of water and end up with suitcases (not just bags) under my eyes. I really try to limit canned items and processed foods because of this.

Your weight loss is .9 lbs/week, I think totally appropriate and sustainable for the long run. Keep up the good work! One thing I have noticed, as I am eating healthier is that my body wants less of the sweet stuff like creamer. I used to use a fair amount of creamer in my coffee as well, but now really only use a tablespoon serving.

I use a BodyMedia Link band and LOVE it!! It is really nice knowing all the other stats that come along with it and I can update/access via my phone too! Plus it coordinates with MFP which is a great deal :-)

Since it is worn on my upper arm, it has not been all that noticeable, and for those who ask I explain that it is my fitness monitor. It's a great tool in my arsenal and has helped me lose just over 50 lbs so far! If you are interested in one, use this referral link for 15% off: http://bodymedia.extole.com/m/1270648960
  • cm246
    cm246 Posts: 12
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. In the past, I would lose about 30 lb, first ,and then start exercising..this time, ( I started Feb 1st), I started exercising from day 1..and so in the last 4 weeks, the scale has only gone down 4lb, BUT, my clothes are incredibly looser!! So I am not relying on the scale so much, as I know that I feel awesome, and like I said, the difference in how my clothes fit, is amazing! Also, When I was on my first major diet at age 12, I was allowed 2 diet pop per day, but found it was making me plateau all the time..I cut out the pop, and down went the weight! Good luck to you, and hang in there!
  • danaberge
    Options
    I'm doing Leslie sanson or Debra Mazda walk/aerobic videos. They are beginner/intermediate but I feel sore the next day or two after doing them. Sometimes I will do 2 in a row... if i'm feeling extra energized.

I agree! I am only eating sugar before 11am. This habit needs to stop. I have to start making those egg muffins a lot of people have raved about. Easy, portable, plannable.

I have some spinach and mushrooms and thinking i'm going to throw that in with some eggs and bake it up in muffin tins.

I'm thinking i'm also hungry all the time bc i'm eating under my BMR and eating a ton of sugar and sodium which is NOT helping. I log everything because i'm getting honest with myself and needed this accountability.

One little step forward :)
  • danaberge
    Options
    Oh- and for everyone that didn't see.... I lost 1.8lbs in 4 weeks. :) Not 2
  • rocketblaster
    rocketblaster Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Be happy about a loss - may not be as fast as you like but as the weeks and months pass by it will add up. I know it's hard to totally adjust to not eating processed foods so maybe try adding some non-processed foods into what you're already eating (like carrot, celery, pepper sticks) with lunch. A piece of fruit for a snack. Low fat greek yogurt with fruit for dessert. In a while you will feel satisfied with those things and feel happy eating more of them less of the other stuff. I look at some diaries and I don't know how people feel full, I am eating a healthy portion of food but most of it is veggies with some carbs and lean protein and I don't feel like I'm on a "diet".

I expected the scale to change faster than it has been but a pound or .5 of a pound is a loss and you'll see an adjustment that some weeks are 3 down. Overtime the weight will come off! Keep positive.

By the way, when I started first two weeks were big losses, next week, nadda. I was crushed. Old me might have been too discouraged but this time I told myself, no matter what the scale says, I'm staying on this plan for AT LEAST three months. 7 weeks in I'm now feeling great, having a slow steady loss and feeling really healthy. I'm really happy I didn't give in to disappointment. Keep positive and keep on trucking, you'll get there!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Oh- and for everyone that didn't see.... I lost 1.8lbs in 4 weeks. :) Not 2

Still don't see the problem here.

Rigger
  • kmeetze1
    kmeetze1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the journey. I too found it very enlightening once I started logging the food and seeing all of the empty calories. Now you can start looking at it and seeing where you can make dramatic changes and still enjoy what you eat. If your BMR is 2000 you can eat a bunch of really good stuff.
    What I found works best for me, as I was a night time snack indulger was starting at the grocery store and just not bringing that stuff into the house. It is tough not to grab those chips or whatever else, but it makes it easier to make better choices late at night.
    As others have said, you need to get more food calories in the morning, this is key, and slowly work yourself off the creamer and towards plain milk as that is nearly 1/8th of your daily calorie intake just by itself. Get yourself a water bottle to keep at your desk at work and this will encourage you to drink more as well.
    as for the Fitbit, while good, you can use most smartphones or iPods by themselves these days and a company called MIO have a new wristband coming out in April that measures Heart Rate, which is a much more accurate measure of calorie burn and it is only supposed to be $100 www.mioglobal.com but there is nothing about it on their website yet. I saw a blog about it yesterday.
    Good luck, you are off to a good start.