Farm Raised Trout Recipe...

Options
SingingSingleTracker
SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
Why farm raised trout? Trout is one type of fish that is better to buy from a farmed source because wild lake trout can contain higher levels of toxins. It's lean with only about 8g of fat per fillet. Rich in high quality protein to help your muscles recover from and adapt to training.

I picked up some farm raised trout fillets on sale last night at the store and did a very easy recipe which tasted delicious.

3 fillets
1 container of Chobani plain yogurt
1/4 cup of goat cheese
1 nice squeeze of fresh lemon
1 spoonful of minced garlic
1 chopped chive
1 pinch of salt
Sprinkle of Smoked Paprika
Sprinkle of Parsley

Olive oil the bottom of a baking dish, and lay the fillets in the baking dish skin side down. Mix the yogurt, goat cheese, lemon juice, salt, garlic and chive (or chopped onion) in a bowl. Spoon it over the top of the fillets in the baking dish, sprinkle the paprika and parsley on top, place in oven and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Yummy!!!!

Tasty and a great protein source for rebuilding muscles after training.

Edit: You can certainly use this recipe with other fish filets as well (salmon would be tasty). It's quick and easy.

Replies

• esai465
    esai465 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump, this looks delicious!!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    Bump, this looks delicious!!

Trust me, it's a home run. I pretty much modified a recipe that I used to use that uses sour cream and parmesan. I figured the Chobani plain yogurt and goat cheese would be healthier and tastier. And much to my delight - it was. The family devoured it and gave kudos to me as well.

I do love fish, but wish it were not so expensive so I could eat it more often.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I just can't do farm raised trout, trout is all we pull out of these high mountain streams in Utah. But I will try your recipe, it sounds great.

Rigger
  • SingingSingleTracker
    Options
    I just can't do farm raised trout, trout is all we pull out of these high mountain streams in Utah. But I will try your recipe, it sounds great.

Rigger

Rigger - I'm with you there on the fresh mountain trout. I used to live in the Black Hills and fished for fresh trout all the time. However, I live far away from fresh trout so must rely on what I can get.