Opinions on Graze Box...

Options
Has anyone ever tried teh Graze Box? http://www.graze.com

I'm starting my trial just to see if it's anything worth purchasing long term. I fyou use friend code DANIJ45ZP you'll get your fisrt and fifth box free.

Please repond if you've tried this and let me know what you thought of it.

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I actually really liked most of the foods I got in Graze boxes, but they were pretty small portions. The price isn't bad considering it's delivered, you'd probably spend close to that at a store anyway.
  • bellalennon
    Options
    I was not impressed. I think the idea is great, and having a cute little box of healthy snacks around would be a lifesaver for me, but I cancelled after my first box. I didn't care for any of the 4 options I got, even things that I normally love (ie: flavored cashews, trail mix, etc.) And yes, the portions are very small. There's no hurt in trying it out for free, but in my opinion, I'd much rather spend the money at the grocery store and live with ziplock bags instead of Graze's cute packaging. :)
  • TAsunder
    TAsunder Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm trying out Graze and NatureBox right now. So far Graze is much, much better. But I don't like how little I get. If I am going to make it a part of my regular diet+exercise plan, even one box every 2 weeks is too little. Naturebox is about the same cost per serving but you get way more per month. Too bad many/most either have too much added sugar or too little salt -- often both.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I just got my first order in and I wasn't really impressed with it. I'm glad it was free because I could have bought the same items at the store for less than 6 bucks and used them for several days. The packaging is nice and it's easy to grab something, but I think you're better off just pre-packing your own snacks.
  • tigergem86
    tigergem86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Its a bit pricey but i really think its worth it! they come in 4 nice sized snack containers. i love opening the box and being surprised with what i get! :) they often send things i wouldnt normally try but end up liking. or something ive wanted to try but not have a big container sitting at home for me to devour. i have my settings on the lite box
  • nescobosa
    Options
    Healthy dried fruit and nut mixes (which seem to be the majority of the options in Graze's low cal selection) are pricey at the supermarket. I recently remember putting a container of cashews back on the shelf because it cost more than $10. The pre-packed dried fruit mixes are loaded with sugar and lack the nutrient qualities I search for. Most of the affordable mixes use sugary fruit like pineapple and chocolate that don't offer much in the way of vitamins and minerals.

The only way to make trail mix healthy and affordable is to buy the fruit and nuts in bulk and mix it yourself. Downside? You end up with two or three pounds of trail mix in the same flavor. Since we are a family of two, we get bored of the flavor long before we run out of portions.

My husband and I just signed up for our free boxes at the graze. $6 is a great deal if they are going to send me 4 different snacks in a box, packed with nutrients and low in calories. When it comes to snacks, the 100 calorie packs have been a life saver but, most of it is processed junk. Empty calories. It will be nice to eat something wholesome for a change and the variety will make it fun. I especially look forward to trying the snacks that I would never make for myself because it would be cost prohibitive or too much of a hassle for a family of two.

The small portions everyone reports are likely going to be perfect for me since I am on a 1400 calorie diet and will likely drop to 1200 soon. I have lost 65 pounds since June 2013. My husband has lost 30.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I love them. There's only a couple things I haven't loved so far. It's on hold right now because I got a great deal on Naturebox and I can't keep up, but I'm definitely getting more once those are gone.
  • quicknick12
    quicknick12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tried it thinking that I was going to cancel after the free box but I have it set to deliver every week. The snacks are good small snack size portions, and were some of the best combinations I have had yet. Worth a try.
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the free box. What they give you is delicious but I'm a cheapskate, so I didn't continue with it. :bigsmile:
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    very expensive MLM
  • desireecl
    desireecl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just received my 2nd box and I really like it so far...I've tried 5 different snacks and they have all been good. Most everything they have sent has been fruit/nut mixes, some with chocolate, so I have not yet tried any of the granola bars or dipper things and am a bit disappointed b/c I "Loved" some of the dippers, but received some trail mixes that I had only marked as "Like" or "Try" I automatically "Trashed" a lot of things that I could easily find in stores, popcorn, plain nuts and nut mixes, some of the more basic fruit/nut mixes, etc.

I did read on the website that some areas have a "Booster Box" that contains 8 snacks for $10. I wish this option were available to everyone...I think we would all prefer to pay $2 less per 8 snacks rather than having two $6 boxes. I would consider staying ob with the program if I could buy one 8-pack box/month for $10.

When I signed up, I had a code for 1st and 5th boxes free, so I think I will cancel after my 5th box. I like the variety and convenience and the surprise factor is fun, but I can get most thing cheaper at Trader Joe's or Whole Paycheck and repackaged it myself.

If anyone needs a US friendcode for 1st and 5th box free, mine is DESIRE1ZB
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    not an oral sex euphamism?
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    Apparently I'm in the minority, but I love mine! It's a great surprise every time, and I've liked almost everything. I like the small portions because I often bring them for snacks when I will be on campus all day.
  • dancephysics
    Options
    Overall, I'm happy with my Graze subscription. It is on the more expensive side, especially considering that each snack isn't that big. But when you consider it as a service, which develops and makes a wide variety of fairly nutritious food that is delivered to you, rather than just as each individual snack, the cost seems more reasonable. I especially like that I get a fairly wide variety of things every month. Grocery stores tend not to have that much variety in snack mixes. I also get to try new things and flavor combinations that probably would never have occurred to me otherwise.

I also subscribe to Love with Food (I've only had one box so far) and just signed up for Nature Box. I'll evaluate after a couple of months whether I want to continue to subscribe to all of them.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    fantastic but pricey. go for it if you can afford to.
  • casiobarnes
    casiobarnes Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love my Graze boxes!

Yes, it absolutely is more expensive compared to going to the store, buying the stuff in bulk, and making the mixes yourself, but guess what? I'm not going to do that, haha. So that right there is worth it to me.
    ALSO, I'm a sucker for tiny, cute things (like tiny shampoo and tiny nail polish! *squee*) so the presentation of the snack makes me smile, which is also worth something :smile:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    IMO, it's way too expensive for what you get.

I've cancelled my subscription after about 10 boxes.

I now just make an effort to swing by the bulk food section and choose some kind of trail mix, nuts or crackers, every couple weeks. Whatever I get there will be half the money for twice as much product.

I don't need that much convenience.

I do miss the flavored pistachios though. :)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    The only way to make trail mix healthy and affordable is to buy the fruit and nuts in bulk and mix it yourself. Downside? You end up with two or three pounds of trail mix in the same flavor. Since we are a family of two, we get bored of the flavor long before we run out of portions.

Yeah, I had the same issue.

I overcame it by treating the ingredients as ingredients and store them separate. I mix up a medium sized bowl of it and pack it into snack sized ziploc bags once a week. This lets you tweak the flavors and textures for each batch.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I got this for my girlfriend and she likes them. I think it's one of those things where it's a better gift than something for yourself.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I canceled about 10 boxes in. It's cute but no longer for me. It breaks down to about $10-15/lb and I don't even pay that much for steak, shrimp, etc!
    My friendcode still has 1 use left if anyone is interested in trying a free box: RONALD9CP