Motivation

jcsannicolas
jcsannicolas Posts: 2 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone...My name is Jennifer and would like to just find out how people find their motivation button. I struggle with this and even though when I look into the mirror and don't like what I see...I still can't seem to get myself to move. I have tried reading motivational weight loss books and find myself still lost. I know this has to come within me...but how?...where?...when? Love to hear what motivates you. Thanks.

Replies

• Hi there! My motivation is my roommate. I base my goals by how much he has lost each month and I try to beat him. Even if it may be one pound....at least I will beat him ;-) So I think of it as a game and the harder I work I know I can do it. I've been at this since Aug. 16th and I have slacked off a few times. It didn't help me, but I get back into focus. I think posts also help motivate you to eat better and work harder and to have others share in your excitement of losing weight.

Best of Luck!! :happy:
  • happy to have you on this site :) it going to be a fun trip to your goal :) if you need any help i am here :) just do what you like in exercise and eat what you like that good for you :) it will work out :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    My motivation comes from several places. First it comes from my son because I want to be around for him. Second, it comes from being almost 40 and wanting to be better in my 40's than I was in my 20's and 30's. Third, it comes for me. I was tired of feeling bad physically and mentally. Do it for yourself...YOU are so worth it.
This discussion has been closed.