Prep for a morning workout?

Options
I've recently switched to going to the gym at 7AM before class since going in the middle of the day wastes too much time. I've been having a lot of trouble with muscle stiffness/soreness in the morning and I'm looking for some advice.

Could anyone suggest a good warmup? I usually run for 45 min and then do weights for 20 after. I'm finding even if I add 5 min of walking as a warm up my hip flexors are so tight I can hardly finish my run and no where near the pace I usually keep. I think I need to stretch before, but don't know very many dynamic stretches. I usually eat a mini omelette before and a smoothie after.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• IronmanNYC
    IronmanNYC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I find it tough too. It does help if I get up earlier and actually do some stuff first before heading to the workout. And I start my workouts really slow. If I'm meeting friends for a run, i might do a little bit on my own to warm up. But, in any case, I've had many workouts where my body simply never really wakes up. Running with friends to help push you along helps. As does getting to bed early enough.