Too much sugar?

Options
For my height/weight/weight loss goals, MFP says I should try to get no more than 45g of sugar. I know that MFP sometimes gives you the wrong goals (especially since everyone and their goals are different), but I never seem to be able to get under this limit.

In a typical work day, I'll eat at least some prunes with breakfast, an apple for a morning snack, and an activia yogurt for an afteroon snack (plus other stuff for breakfast/lunch/dinner). Just between those three things alone, it says that there are 48g of sugar, so I'm always over. I know that activia has extra sugar, but I just can't stomach greek yogurt, and even if I never ate yogurt again, the prunes and the apples would get me well over halfway there for my sugar allowance for the day.

What gives? Is 45g unrealistic? Should I not worry about it b/c it's mostly natural (not added) sugar, or should I try cutting back?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Unless a doctor tells you to consume "X" amount for whatever reason due to a medical condition, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT AT ALL. Sugar doesn't make you fat, excess calories make one gain weight, not sugar.