FitBit Flex

Options
2»

Replies

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I started off with the fitbit One, but found it a pain to take on/off to monitor my sleep.

I agonized over the decision between the Force and the Flex, and finally decided on the Flex, because:

a) I already wear a watch, and don't need another one
    b) the Flex was a bit smaller and unobtrusive for me

I love having my Flex buzz to let me know I've hit my daily goal. Other than that, for stats I just let it sync with my phone when it wants to, and then the app syncs with MFP in the background. I do not eat back my exercise calories, so the calorie estimations are not paramount to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    If you don't cycle, stepmill, or any exercise for cardio where your arm doesn't move, it's great. It's been pretty accurate for me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Myself and the wife both have the flex and like them. For walking it is pretty accurate. They are not as accurate for weight lifting and would need to be counting additionally. And the flex does not count if your arm is not moving, like pushing a stroller. But the silent alarm works great and you can wear in shower as well. Lasts over a week per charge and syncs well.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    If you log your exercise in MFP, aren't you counting it twice since FitBit automatically does the calorie adjustment based on what it tracks?
    Do not log step-based activity. Log non-step workouts either in the activity tracker or in MFP.

The trackers' burns are way more accurate, as they're based on your step data. But if you choose to log in MFP you're asked for start & end times, and MFP overrides your step data during your workout.

Edited to add that MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

And a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/13370-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • Mrsjlricho
    Options
    Think I made the right decision, thanks everyone x
  • CarlaYvonne
    CarlaYvonne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Waiting for my Flex to come in the mail! Just ordered one yesterday! I from reading this thread I can not wait for it to get here!!