advocare 24 day challenge- a waste?

Soooo I am on day 11 of my 24 day challenge. I weighed in and have lost... wait for it... 4 ounces!! WOW. A miracle. I am a crossfitter and work out 5 days a week, with running and hot yoga in between. I typically eat around 1500 cals a day, lots of lean meats and veggies, with about 1 or 2 cheat days HERE and there. Granted, I do not have much to lose, I still am expecting SOME loss. Maybe Advocare only works for people who don't work out and and eat like crap?

Most people tell me I'm putting on muscle, but I did have my body fat measured a month ago and it's gone up 4 percent since last year. So no, it's not only muscle.

I do still have 14 days left of this challenge, but in my opinion, this is just a big old waste. I did measure myself too, and not one inch lost.

Anyone else an athlete who has tried this challenge with little to no results?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    The leaner you are/less BF% the harder it will be to drop weight.

I personally think challenges are a waste of time and pointless. If you want to lose weight just do it at your comfort level with a deficit in calories.

Also, your cheat meal might hurt you too. If you don't track on those days it's easy to go way over 3,000 calories. Just incorporate IIFYM so there's no need to cheat. Also, if you are in a deficit for a long period remember to have a refeed day where you eat at MAINTENANCE level calories, or 100-200 calories higher than that (kicks up your metabolism again)