New mommy that needs help shedding this baby weight

Options
Hi my name is Ashley and I am a proud new mommy to a beautiful little girl. I am almost 7 weeks postpartum and have been cleared by my doctor to start exercising. I am exclusively breastfeeding, and I know that burns around 500 calories a day, but I need help to get rid of the excess weight I put on. I am hoping to loose 2 pounds a week, and am hoping to loose 55 more pounds. Any help, advice, encouragement would be greatly appreciated. I am also new here and don't have any friends yet.

Replies

• ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your new baby!! That is so exciting. It sounds to me like you have a good starting point. Losing the weight slowly, 2 pounds a week, is good and it will help you keep it off in the long run. Just remember to give yourself some slack, you have a new daughter at home that will demand your attention so if you are too tired or busy to get a work out in everyday dont beat yourself up for it. Also it is important to remember that 80% of your weight loss will come from diet not from exercise. Please feel free to add me as a friend and good luck :)