Experience with tailbone injury?

Right around Christmas I fell in the tub and my tailbone was the first part of my body to make contact with the porcelain! OUCH! (don't ask). The first couple days after I was really put out. I was in discomfort no matter which way I stood or sat. Then it got better and I was still sore occasionally, but it was just discomfort, not pain. For good measure I decided not to work out for 2 weeks to let it heal up. I tried a workout after the 2 weeks and I was worse off for it. So waited another 2 weeks. Tried a workout. Not so sore while doing the activity, but pretty uncomfortable for a full day afterwards. So every week I try and work out and it still sucks. Now it's been over 2 months. I didn't go to a doctor because I have heard that tailbone injuries take a while to heal. Also, what could they really do for me anyway?

So- anyone who has had a tailbone injury please share your experience. How long did it take to heal up? Did you seek any outside help? Did you workout through the discomfort?