are egg yolks bad????

Options
2»

Replies

• CMoeDee
    CMoeDee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I will take all of your extra egg yolks, for delicious creme br-SCIENCE. Yes, science.
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: Thank YOU ALL for your repplies... I DO EAT MY WHOLE EGGS... every morning I have a 2 egg omelette with Spinach and either SUn Dried Tomato or Mushrooms and some cheese to it... YUMMY..... I :heart: EGGS....
    The reason why I started this Topic is because it just :explode: :explode: :explode: when I see my idiot cousin whome is going to school to become a DIETICIAN... hahaha :laugh: :laugh: off all things... and just throws away 3 egg yolks down the sink every day..... am like... food is not only quite expensive now days but man What are they teaching you in school ???? Thank YOu ALL for proving me right.... not that am a know it all but I thought this was a very intelligent way to VENT... :blushing:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    eggs are GOOD.
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    YUM!!!!!!!! I used to make my grandma's ducks move out of their nest so I can still the eggs.... :blushing: Thanks for ur repply
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    In the UK they have been advertised as junk food!!!

Only joking eggs are wonderful.

The advert slogan in the UK is:

EGGS - FAST FOOD & GOOD FOR YOU!
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    if egg yolks are bad, I don't want to live.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    bad-eggs.gif

Hilarious!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    yes they are. I saw several egg yolks robbing a bank the other day. It's terrible. Something needs to be done!

serious answer: no. eat the yolks if you want to, unless there is a medical reason for you not to

well, those were just bad eggs.

*rim shot*
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Only when overcooked. ICK
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: Thank YOU ALL for your repplies... I DO EAT MY WHOLE EGGS... every morning I have a 2 egg omelette with Spinach and either SUn Dried Tomato or Mushrooms and some cheese to it... YUMMY..... I :heart: EGGS....
    The reason why I started this Topic is because it just :explode: :explode: :explode: when I see my idiot cousin whome is going to school to become a DIETICIAN... hahaha :laugh: :laugh: off all things... and just throws away 3 egg yolks down the sink every day..... am like... food is not only quite expensive now days but man What are they teaching you in school ???? Thank YOu ALL for proving me right.... not that am a know it all but I thought this was a very intelligent way to VENT... :blushing:

I am a registered dietitian. Not sure where your cousin is going to school but I eat eggs (whole eggs) like nobody's business and my cholesterol levels are awesome! For the record, not all dietitian's agree or have the same opinions about various topics. Your cousin will become more seasoned and learn even more when she enters the field. Doesn't mean she'll stop throwing away the yolks though. I've known plenty of dietitians that get the eye roll from me when they start to speak. I also eat full fat cheese. GASP. Sorry, but in my professional and well-educated opinion I believe most foods have a place in our diets and that includes full fat cheese so long as it fits in my fats for the day. And eggs! I even eat full fat cheese on my eggs! Whoop! YUM!

P.S. How can she be studying nutrition and not learn about all the wonderful nutrients in the yolk? Eat the whole thing for maximum nutritional benefit unless you have a medical reason to do otherwise (which very few people truly do).
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The yolks are the best part!
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If they are bad, I would be very unhealthy as I eat them all the time.

The reason people eat egg whites is because they are less calories. Like someone else suggested ... make an omelette with 2 eggs and 1 egg white. Use egg whites in your pancake batter to cut the calories etc.

Do not hate egg yolks! They are scrumptious!