Dieting SUCKS!!!!

Options
Dieting SUCKS!!!! Why can't I be one of those people that likes to read or exercise to burn off bordom or stress. Alas, I like to chew :)
Anyone have any good ideas to quell the munchie monster?

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Figure out what triggers your munchies.

In my case, I have figured out that artificial sweeteners, sucralose (AKA Splenda) and all the others trigger awful cravings for processed carbs and sugars.:grumble:

Now that I am eating lean protein, vegetables, fruits, and some non-fat cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, if I happen to eat processed carbs (such as the two white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that I failed to resist yesterday), I will crash big time and feel totally lethargic and crappy, until I eat some protein. Later on, I will have bigtime carb cravings--like last night when I could hear pasta and cheese calling my name--fortunately it was all natural cheddar, and whole grain pasta, but still..:ohwell:

In my case, if I avoid the things I have mentioned, I have no difficulty eating healthy and sticking to the plan I am following.

Good luck figuring out how to tame your "munchie monster.":flowerforyou:
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I walk it off - I walk out the front door and down the track away from any shops - by the time I get home hunger is gone and I am just thirsty instead xxx
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I wish I was one of those lucky people who love exercise and have a high metabolism. But think of how good we will feel when we reach our goal and see all of our hard work pay off. Just remember as hard as it is it will all be worth it
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Gum? Spreading out your calories over several mini-meals so that you can eat every couple of hours?

Also helps to not think of it as dieting, but rather, just counting what you eat.
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hi, dont think of it as a diet think of it as a whole new way of healthy eating, it makes a big difference, the word diet to me means failure before ya start, just my thoughts x
  • sazziecee
    Options
    I sometimes use an at home teeth bleaching kit.

If I use it in the evenings, there is no way I can eat with it in, haha
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I understand what you say, I used to have this constant urge to keep chewing. After a few days, now I am more obsessed about staying under my calories.
    Also as someone said, most of the times you might just be thirsty but you would feel like eating something. In that case drinking water or, green tea with some honey will help. green tea is in general good for you also :)

And also keep a lot of low cal snacks around.
    Prepare a bowl of cut fruits and put it in the fridge. you could do the same with veggies and can add some seasoning for a change of taste. You can have different seasonings/flavours and can keep alternating between them.
    Chewing slowly helps too :)

Hope this helps :flowerforyou: