Common sense weight loss

Options
Just thinking about some of the overrated things out there. Like low fat, low carb, vegan, paleo, blah, blah, blah. We run around looking for a magic pill or a silver bullet, and it's all BS. There isn't one. If you like red meat (like I do), eat it...as long as you don't overdo it. If you like vegetables (OK I like some of these) eat them. But here's the truth-your body needs building blocks to grow-protein, carbohydrates and healthy fats...Oh, and water. There's other stuff it can do without. As long as you pay attention to what goes in, and what is burned, you'll more than likely lose weight. That's right, any diet you're on THAT YOU FOLLOW THROUGH ON will probably allow you to lose weight. If you don't follow through on the diet, it won't work. Period. The key often is what happens when you're ready to start eating differently. Do you have a good foundation? Do you understand about macronutrients? Will you make good decisions? Do you have a plan to engage your body (exercise) that will last longer than a week? Don't be fooled by the BS and lies you read. You're the one responsible! You make the choices. And you owe it to yourself to become well informed and make awesome choices. Your friends here want to see you win, but hopefully not as much as you want to see yourself win. And winning is long-term health and a positive self image (my definition-doesn't have to be yours). You're working your @$$ off. You're becoming the best you can be. No victims here!