Resting days

Options
How many times a week do you rest from the gym? Currently I'm resting twice a week, but I'm still within a month of my weight-loss journey.

Replies

• sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    1. And on that day I try to get a lot of walking in.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Right now I have two days per week and I always tell people that those are the two most important days in my entire week of fitness....

Really, it depends on what you're doing...someone who's hitting up the elliptical for 60 minutes and that's pretty much the extent of their exercise doesn't really need rest days necessarily unless they want them for mental days or something. I take them because I would injure myself otherwise at this point.

a rest day for me also doesn't mean just sitting around doing nothing...it just means I'm not going to do any vigorous cardio work or strenuous lifting work and I'm going to let my body recover from beating the **** out of the other 5 days. I usually go for walks and do restorative yoga on my rest days...I'm also just as generally active as I can be on those days.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I usually rest from the gym or hard core exercies 2 days too. I do try to be active on those rest days, light cleaning, walking around, shopping, stuff like that.
  • Michelle9055
    Michelle9055 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I rest 1 day a week and do nothing on that day since my workouts are pretty intense.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It really depends a lot on what you're doing and what are your goals. I take one day off but will occasionally do a light workout that day.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    1 day 100% rest
    1 day I do HIIT and abs
    other five days lifting...