These are so yummy!Are they good for me??

Options
careyw1
careyw1 Posts: 400 Member
So I make these Energy balls here are the ingredients:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
Mix it all together.Roll into bite size balls and put in fridge.

Now are these good for me?? If so..how do I figure out how many calories in each ball and how many I can have..because I could eat all of them in one sitting they are that good! Although I dont..lol portions right??lol

Replies

• disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Add the calories in each ingredient and divide the sum by the number you make.

They sound very good :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe function under the food tab. You tell MFP all the ingredients and how many servings and it tells you the calories and other nutritional data per serving. Possibly the best feature of this site!

ETA: they do sound yummy but I have issues stopping at just one of things like that!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    MFP has a recipe feature. Input each of the ingredients and number of servings yielded. It'll give you claorie and macro nutrient info for each serving.
  • careyw1
    Options
    Thanks! Im a newbie so all information helps out! And they are VERY good!
  • careyw1
    Options
    Use the recipe function under the food tab. You tell MFP all the ingredients and how many servings and it tells you the calories and other nutritional data per serving. Possibly the best feature of this site!

ETA: they do sound yummy but I have issues stopping at just one of things like that!
    [/quote

I have that same problem :tongue:
  • Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    somebody recently gave me that recipe on a post card and I was wondering too. Please let me know the nutrition facts when you find out! :) thanks.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    try dateballs they are phenomenal and you can keep them in the freezer

2 cups dates (you can throw in raisins or some other dried fruit as well, just make sure you mainly use sticky fruit like raisins and dates)
    2cups nuts (walnuts,pecans almonds, cashews, you can mix and match)
    2Tblsp coconut oil
    1 cup shredded coconut
    1tsp sea salt
    1tsp vanilla

In food processor Blend dates a little first then add everything else and process. Taste as you go, roll into balls and put in freezer for an hour. If they flake apart add a little more dates or coconut oil to make them stickier.
  • shel0158
    shel0158 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Assuming the ingredients if you made 24 balls they would be roughly

95 calories
    11 carbs
    5 fat
    3 protein
    1 fiber
    7 sugar
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    try dateballs they are phenomenal and you can keep them in the freezer

2 cups dates (you can throw in raisins or some other dried fruit as well, just make sure you mainly use sticky fruit like raisins and dates)
    2cups nuts (walnuts,pecans almonds, cashews, you can mix and match)
    2Tblsp coconut oil
    1 cup shredded coconut
    1tsp sea salt
    1tsp vanilla

In food processor Blend dates a little first then add everything else and process. Taste as you go, roll into balls and put in freezer for an hour. If they flake apart add a little more dates or coconut oil to make them stickier.

OMG I need to make this! I have all the ingredients already too. Love dates.
  • pickered
    Options
    ahh man now I am hungry again. Both sound so good.

I am going to try carey's recipe minus the choco chip, and going all in on the dateball. Thanks for the ideas!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I believe I made these and I just entered the number of balls it made as the serving size - if you eat more than one just enter the number in the servings
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I like to hike and those would be great to take along for quick energy, as they're reasonably nutritious and yet decadent. (And when you're climbing a mountain or something, if you somehow eat more than one or two, it all balances out.)
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You didn't list "arsenic:" as one of the ingredients, so yes, they are good for you. All food is good for you, when eaten in reasonable amounts.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    double post