Does anyone have a soup recipe ?

2»

Replies

• ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Can you send samples here, please :bigsmile:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Don't think they would travel well. Wouldn't taste as good as if I prepared them for your personally. Plus, I wouldn't get the enjoyment of seeing your enjoyment.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    :happy: I'd share

Although, I think I'm staying away from the TVP - ick!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member

Try it; You'll like it.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    TVP Spam (yummo :laugh: )
  • ♥jewelchristian♥

Try it; You'll like it.

Nope :sick:
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Yummmmm!! It all looks so good!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Your recipes look so yummy!! Master chef that you are
    Don't think they would travel well. Wouldn't taste as good as if I prepared them for your personally. Plus, I wouldn't get the enjoyment of seeing your enjoyment.
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Thanks I am going to try the butternut soup.
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    Here is the recipe your looking for. Makes 4 - 1 cup servings

Garden Vegetable Soup

2/3 cup sliced carrot 1/2 cup green beans
    1/2 cup diced onion 1 tbsp tomato paste
    2 garlic cloves minced 1/2 tsp dried basil
    3 cups fat-free broth (beef, chicken or vegetable) 1/4 tsp dried oregano and salt
    1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage 1/2 cup diced zucchini

Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, heat. Saute the carrot, onion, garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt: bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in zucchini and heat for 3-4 minutes.

Enjoy.
  • umfan85
    umfan85 Posts: 113 Member
    Bump for the future
  • nettip
    nettip Posts: 113 Member
    bump
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    For all of you Soup lovers...instead of eating a bread roll with your soup try eating 3 Nairns oatcakes (approx 115 calories in 3) as Oats will fill you up for longer. I have the cheese flavour ones, YUM!
  • dendalee
    dendalee Posts: 10 Member
    Here's one:

WEIGHT WATCHERS ZERO POINTS GARDEN VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
    Hands-on time: 20 minutes
    Time to table: 1 1/4 hour
    Makes 9 cups

6 cups broth (today I used Light Vegetable Stock)

Cooking spray
    2 carrots, peeled and diced
    1 large onion, diced
    4 teaspoons garlic (from a jar or substitute four cloves minced garlic)
    1/2 cabbage, chopped (or use a bag of slaw, the biggest chunks you can find vs the fine, don't skip the cabbage for it somehow makes the soup)
    1/2 pound frozen green beans
    2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon kosher salt

1 large zucchini, diced

Bring the broth to a boil in the microwave. (This is a time-saving tip that can be skipped if there's no hurry.)

Spray a Dutch oven with cooking spray and heat on MEDIUM HIGH. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the zucchini and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to MEDIUM and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until the zucchini are tender. Serve and enjoy!

NUTRITION ESTIMATE
    Per Cup: 61 Cal (3% from Fat, 24% from Protein, 73% from Carb); 4 g Protein; 0 g Tot Fat; 0 g Sat Fat; 13 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; NetCarb10; NetCarb10; 52 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 701 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol; Weight Watchers ... hmmm ... 1 point

NUTRITION NOTES This soup is low-cal, low-carb, high-fiber and no-fat. But hmmm. What about the claim that it has no points in the Weight Watchers world? I suppose so, since all the ingredients are "free". But honestly, a calorie's a calorie and so I count every one of them whether from chocolate cake or fresh vegetables. In my book, this Garden Vegetable Soup counts as 1 point but is a definite one-point winner.

KITCHEN NOTES
    Zero point soups are easy to make without a recipe. Just cook a pile of non-starchy vegetables in 6 cups of a non-fat broth. It's even easy to convert one-point soups to zero-point soups.

From the following website:
    http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2006/01/day-285-weight-watchers-zero-points.html
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    here is a YUMMY chicken tortilla soup recipe:

http://momvsfood.blogspot.com/2011/02/chicken-tortilla-soup.html
This discussion has been closed.