Leslie Sansone Walk at home

Options
Hi,

Has anyone did just Leslie Sansone Walk at home and had any results? Ofcourse with calorie deficit and clean eating.

I am right for some health reasons unable to walk or run in treadmill but I like her 3 Mile Power Walk and I can do it. I can see its kinda makes me sweat and gives a decent workout. But not sure if it will give results any sooner.

I like doing indoor workouts like Zumba and Hip Hop Abs but some times my muscles are lazy and I get tired soon. I just started a week back on weight loss journey. So would it be ok if I continue with just Leslie Sansone Walking for now and later move to other workouts when I am able to do it.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Lots of walkers here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

Losing weight is mostly diet anyway.....but Leslie can be great cardio. I like the simplicity....it allows me to bump things up in a way that choreographed workouts don't allow.

Almost anyone can make them more challenging......add more (or bigger arms), use light dumbbells (the dumbbells remind me to use my arms more)......a weighted vest, higher knees, squatting down into sidesteps, sub in plyo hops & jogging more frequently, etc

Don't forget strength training.......really important to help keep lean muscle while dieting.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I think my wife has it. Is that where they sing walk walk walk walk walk?
  • Suznd75
    Options
    I have been using Leslie's workouts for about a month (due to a bum knee), I work up a pretty good sweat. I think I usually burn about 300 for a half hr workout. I've continued to lose weight about 9 lbs in the last month.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I would just walk...outside...
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options

Actually, these walk at home videos are great for people who can't walk outside, obviously for weather or having small kids at home, but even for physical reasons. Marching in place is lower impact than actual walking, and uses different muscles, so that for example, someone with certain kinds of ankle problems might be able to do this video, but couldn't walk for two miles. I sometimes do them when my back or hip is bothering me.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Any kind of activity is better than nothing.

I have done the Leslie Sansone workouts before. My mom and granny do them and have seen results.

I do them with them for moral support.

I do prefer running/walking outside.

But like I said, ANYTHING is better than NOTHING.

Good luck to you.
  • cissyk2000
    Options
    new to all this ... is this a DVD?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    new to all this ... is this a DVD?

You can purchase the DVD's but pretty much all of her workouts are on youtube is you search her name in the search box.
  • staveshabr
    staveshabr Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Lots of walkers here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/335-leslie-sansone-walk-at-home

Losing weight is mostly diet anyway.....but Leslie can be great cardio. I like the simplicity....it allows me to bump things up in a way that choreographed workouts don't allow.

Almost anyone can make them more challenging......add more (or bigger arms), use light dumbbells (the dumbbells remind me to use my arms more)......a weighted vest, higher knees, squatting down into sidesteps, sub in plyo hops & jogging more frequently, etc

Don't forget strength training.......really important to help keep lean muscle while dieting.

thanks for all the ideas because i dont feel pushed at all when i do the walk at home videos this just gave me hope lol:flowerforyou:
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I like it just fine. In fact I really enjoy her positivity. I respond a lot better to encouragement and happiness lol. I can do the 2 and 3 mile walks. I tried to do the 5 mile walk, the one with intervals, and DIED. I barely got halfway through and noped right out of it. One of my goals is to do that one without exploding lol.

And for anyone doing these, they're available on youtube!! So is Hip Hop Abs, another one of my favorites. Don't go spend the money on the dvd when it's available for free, people!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I love her workout DVDs and have all her walk boosters. I usually jog in place when she walks though or add other exercises like jumping jacks to increase the cardio, but she is always so positive and the workouts go by fast for me. They helped me in the past shed all my baby weight from 3 children along with healthy eating and walking/jogging on the side.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like it just fine. In fact I really enjoy her positivity. I respond a lot better to encouragement and happiness lol. I can do the 2 and 3 mile walks. I tried to do the 5 mile walk, the one with intervals, and DIED. I barely got halfway through and noped right out of it. One of my goals is to do that one without exploding lol.

And for anyone doing these, they're available on youtube!! So is Hip Hop Abs, another one of my favorites. Don't go spend the money on the dvd when it's available for free, people!

DVDs are great though - they offer something YouTube doesn't.

1. DVDs are LEGAL .....many Leslie videos are uploaded illegally. The newest ones get taken down fairly quickly

2. Walk at Home and Just Walk DVDs are chaptered ....you can skip to the miles you like...make the DVD shorter/longer
    Some DVDs are programable
    Some DVDs have a music only option
    If your workout requires a resistance band....buying a new DVD will provide one

YouTube is good for a test drive....to see if it's for you....or to see what DVD you like best. I like supporting the DVDs creator because making good quality workouts isn't cheap.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine has lost over a 100 lbs and she uses those videos all the time.
  • flowrgal23
    flowrgal23 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started out with Leslie Sansone videos two years ago and lost forty pounds. She has motivated me to exercise, and silly as it sounds, I look forward to hearing 'Walk, walk, walk, walk'. I own about a dozen of her videos and rotate through them every week. From the very first video what inspired me was her encouragement; if a certain move is too much or you can't keep up, it's ok, just go back to walking. She always says, 'You can't do it wrong. If you keep moving, you're getting a great workout.' Those are priceless words to someone with very low self-esteem, and helped me to keep going through that first two mile DVD. I had been walking outdoors for exercise prior to this, but with winter settling in, that wouldn't be possible. And I had to admit, I never pushed myself enough on my own walking regime. It took me a few months to work up to the five mile DVD's and even two years later, I still work up a good sweat. I highly recommend her walking workouts.
  • Trinehar13
    Options
    I love her DVDs because at this stage of my weight loss, I'm afraid to step foot into a gym. I have her 5 big miles and it's a great workout because it uses the resistance band which mixes strength with cardio. It keeps me sweating and sometimes I want to give up because my arms get sore. Plus, she has a thing called boosted walking which helps with the heart rate. It's quick and simple to do!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Personally I'd rather walk in front of my tv shows though...
  • Tiny_Zg
    Tiny_Zg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started with Leslie as little bit of change from Fitnessblender. I've done 2 miles for beginning , didn't know how will it be. I did it very easy. Today I'm planning to do 4 miles. I have 30 lbs more to lose.
    If I do Leslie 4 or 5 miles every day 6 days a week (with dumbbells) can I be fit by the summer time? :tongue:
    I'm so afraid that after Fitnessblender and many difficult exercises there (for me as a beginner) my body will see this as a really low impact and I won't burn as much calories. But I want to try as I'm working with Fitnessblender for 3 months now.:noway:

Tell me it's just my imagination :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

This is what I do. When it's not *kitten* numbingly cold.
  • thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Options
    I alternate with walking outside (weather does not always permit) and Leslie's. Sometimes I just walk in front of the TV on my WII U balance board and it's fine too. All this together adds up and anything is better than nothing and will show result ! :)
    The key is to enjoy it !