Couch to 5k

Options
I just started the couch to 5K app today. But other than separating out how many minutes run and how many minutes walked, is there any way to accurately log calories burned? There are a lot of people on MFP who are doing it -- I thought perhaps someone may have entered calories burned for Week # and Day 1, 2, 3... Anybody?

Replies

• Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The most accurate gauge IMO would be to use a HRM.

But outside of that when I did the C25K - pre HRM - I simply added up the minutes of jogging figured out totals and entered it, then counted up the minutes of walking and added it. There's no exact science though.

WTG - I loved the C25K program.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i wear an HRM. the other way is to track your total distance and then take the time to find the average speed. MFP has listings in the database for various speeds
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Ditto the HRM...LOVED c25k! I did it about this time last year. Good luck and enjoy!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I also recommend the HRM or taking the average pace for the overall time and distance.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you're doing it outside - I used the Run Double app with the RunKeeper app and it would tell me my total calories burned at the end. RunKeeper syncs to MFP too - so easy.
  • squiggysmama
    Options
    thanks everybody. I was pleasantly surprised that I actually *could* do all of it today. I am *not* a runner. Never have been -- but you gotta have a goal, right? There's a 5K associated with a festival in my town this fall that I may run in -- if I can manage to get through this all. I appreciate the encouragement :)