Popcorn anyone?

Options
So my most favorite thing to do is go to the movies but here's my problem..
The smell of that buttery popcorn just does something to me and I can never resist. I have yet to go to a movie theatre since I've started my journey but have plans to do so for the weekend which leads me to my question?

1. Is it ok to eat popcorn?
2. If it is ok to eat, small amount of butter or no butter at all?
3. Small bag or Kids tray of popcorn?
4. Bring my own bag?
5. Just stay away from the popcorn?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eat "good" or "clean" or "healthy" (whatever those words mean to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. For me, that's a greasy brown lunch bag full of air-popped corn with real butter. I have a friend who gets a small bag of real movie popcorn. You'll have to decide what works for you.

Also, look at your nutrition over the past 7 days, not just today.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Went to a movie about a week ago with my wife. We're both trying to 'watch it' when it comes to what we are eating, but we both like popcorn in the theatre.

Solution: Skinny Pop popcorn, 39 calories per cup.
    I put 2 cups in a large ZipLock bag, repeated 3 more times.
    Total 4 bags, 2 for her, 2 for me.
    The ZipLock bags let it be flat enough and small enough to fit into a large coat pocket, and the bags are not noisy in the theatre.

Still bought their $5 diet coke though.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Went to a movie about a week ago with my wife. We're both trying to 'watch it' when it comes to what we are eating, but we both like popcorn in the theatre.

Solution: Skinny Pop popcorn, 39 calories per cup.
    I put 2 cups in a large ZipLock bag, repeated 3 more times.
    Total 4 bags, 2 for her, 2 for me.
    The ZipLock bags let it be flat enough and small enough to fit into a large coat pocket, and the bags are not noisy in the theatre.

Still bought their $5 diet coke though.

OMG...you are the sweetest husband ever. AND this is a really great idea!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I love movie popcorn - get it without butter and the smallest size they offer - helps if you have someone to share it with too. AMC has a smaller size and has lower calories than Regal (the 2 theater chains in my area) and tastes better. The one thing that annoys me is a small bottle of water is $4.75!! Really? Rip off.
  • healthywtb
    healthywtb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I make my own popcorn in a heavy pot with just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pot. I add salt, but no butter. I don't like the artificial fat that comes with some of the lo-cal microwave ones. I love popcorn!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Great, now I want popcorn, thanks OP!

NO POPCORN - I'm going to bed now!

goodnight :)
  • Gohomebay
    Gohomebay Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Get a medium no butter share with your friend or who u go with and enjoy...bring your own bottle of water that's what I do
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Low Sodium, Light Butter Pop Weaver is my go to snack....I'll eat the entire bag for 240 calories.