why the scale lies...

Options
Almost one year difference in time and +10 lbs on the scale.

1year_comparison_zpsaa107fa7.jpg

Replies

• ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yup, the scale is a lying SOB. This is further proof that one can drastically improve body composition by maintaining/gaining weight. Looking good!
  • arwacky
    arwacky Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Love this!!! Great job!!
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow what a difference. Thanks for inspiring me to keep on strength training.
  • Mom3LoveBugs
    Mom3LoveBugs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I posted it in the success stories section but the responses weren't so kind.

After chasing the scale for so long it really is hard to see it go up but visuals are a great way to remind myself to keep on keepin' on.

:happy:
  • h20islife
    h20islife Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! thanks for inspiring me diffidently gonna be strength training
  • sad_kitty
    sad_kitty Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Rawr! That's a pretty inspiring transformation. Even though I'm just starting out (again), I have to keep reminding myself that strengthening my body is what's going to trim more inches than counting my calories.
  • smand2000
    Options
    Chase pr's instead! Great job, keep going!
  • Mom3LoveBugs
    Mom3LoveBugs Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)

I have lost over 90 lbs in the last few years and was around 150 lbs in the first pic and just over 160 lbs in the second.
  • osubeam
    osubeam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Keep it up and forget any comments that are less than encouraging
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job -- great progress. I love that definition there now. :smile:
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Technically not a lie though, as you do weight more... :D
  • Yazza2
    Yazza2 Posts: 31
    Options
    MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    How much did your waist circumference change?
  • kmtbeaulieu
    kmtbeaulieu Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! but you look very defined now...it's quite possible you've lost weight and gained muscle mass. Just speculation if you doubt the number try a different scale, maybe just a friends before you toss the old one
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    worry about your weight on the barbell, not your weight on the scale. you go girl! awesome.
  • traceylynns
    traceylynns Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I needed this THANKS!!! I have been way to worried about the scale lately! Up 3 lbs I was mad but I know all the strength training I am doing I need to stop worrying about it!
  • Alanhalil
    Alanhalil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Really good job OP :)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great illustration of why chasing the lowest number on the scale is not the be all and end all. You look fantastic, well done!