Walking and Pizza

Options
So three weeks ago I decided it would be my goal that the three days I am at work I would walk for 30mins aday at lunch just as extra exercise. My Problem is the building next door is a pizza factory and when i leave the office I can smell all that lovely pizza. Today i had a chicken salad rap that was yummy and filled me but when I get out of this office and smell that it makes me crave the yummy pizza.

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Don't eat your lunch until you leave your work building; then eat it as you walk. Then you will be eating your yummy lunch as you smell the pizza and hopefully that'll help out a bit.

I used to have the same problem. I worked in this factor and would LOVE to walk outside at lunch time, but next door was a BREAD factory where they made all kinds of bread stuff. yummmmm!

Good luck to you.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Walk the other direction?
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm on an idustrial estate so the other side is pork farms so I smell sausage rolls and porkpies. It helps in some way because I find it makes me walk quicker
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Pray you get a cold and can't smell anything,...HA!!!
  • beesus
    Options
    Pizza and pork pies...this sounds like a terrible, terrible joke! I'd say you have to weigh your options (pun absolutely not intended) - is the walk at lunch worth it if you feel yourself being tempted terribly? Are there other times/ways throughout the day to get the walk in?
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I do my Wii exercise in the evening so its not the end of the world if i don't get the walk in just trying to be proactive and get some more movement into the middle of my day.