Bored of my workout...

Options
So I'm trying to lose weight, about 15 to 20 pounds. Right now I do zumba one day in the morning which i love, and i swim for 3 hours on friday, however when it comes to the afternoons I get so bored with my workouts. I'll spin sometimes, and sometimes I'll even throw in lifting. But I have a hard time sticking to a plan because I'm very forgetful, so I'm constantly looking up what workout i'm doing in my notebook, and then on top of that I have a very low heart rate so my initial instinct is to just run until my heart rate picks up.
I have access to free weights and machines, but my free weight access is dependent on when I get out of work and can actually get to the gym.

Basically I'm just looking for ideas, what works for you? What gets you out of bed and ready to go workout? Which plans leave you feeling like you just worked your hardest. Please let me know!

Replies

• alwayspraying1
    alwayspraying1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use the WII Fit Plus and WII Active Personal Trainer, as well as Leslie Sansone Walking videos (should be named full body workout, if you ask me), plus when the weather is nice I walk at the local park.

All three of the above have such a variety, plus using the WII is fun as well.

Hope this helps.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Probably the ones that I had the most fun with were Turbo Fire and Zuzka Light. I've been doing the ZWOW workouts (I think she has over 70 of them now. I'll usually blast some of my favorite music on my iPod while I do one of those. I'm not sure if "fun" is the right word though. It's so fast paced and there are so many new ones to try that I never get bored with them. The time flies by and I'm done before I know it. Turbo Fire was genuinely fun because it's a lot of dancing, punching, and kicking. All things I enjoy. :tongue: Youtube would be a good place to get some ideas. It's free, readily available, and full of workout channels. BeFit, Blogilates, XHIT, Fitness Blender, Sarah Fit, and LiveStrongWoman are my favorites. I NEVER run out of workouts to do.
  • walza1394
    walza1394 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I'll definitely give them a try, unfortunately I go to a military academy so I don't have access to a wii. However I do have access to youtube, so I will definitely look into the fitness channels and try the one's both you ladies have suggested. Thank you so much!

52099998.png
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I would get a lifting plan and stick with it.

And also realize lifting is not the same as doing swimming or cardio.

the excitment doesn't come from a high heart rate- or a runner high- it comes from lifting things you have never successfully lifted before- comes from the pump if you will. It's a totally different feel- so don't expect to feel the same way.

Also- I take my lifting book EVERY day when I lift. Could I lift without it- sure. But i take it with me and reference it every time I go. love watching my progress.

Bodyrock or zuzka- or lovingfit.com are great different unique workouts all in the same style also- really like doing those.