Weird, Tart, Sorta Delicious Boxed Mac and Cheese

Options
ottermotorcycle
ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
So when I went off to college this semester, I brought with me a 12 pack of the family-size boxes of macaroni and cheese. The regular, Kraft kind. And I've been racking my brain trying to think of a nutritionally better way to prepare it. And yesterday I had a revelation to make it with greek yogurt instead of milk and butter.

So I prepared the package of macaroni (in my microwave because dorm things) and poured in the cheese dust. And then I added 1/4 cup of nonfat, plain greek yogurt. I mixed that together with a few dashes of black pepper and split it into two portions. My boyfriend and I had it for dinner and it was actually REALLY good! It was strange, it definitely tasted tart, but the flavors worked well together. Next time I might mix in some of the nondescript Chipotle sauce the dining halls have and see how that goes...

Anyway so the recipe is just:
1 box mac and cheese
1/4 cup greek yogurt

Half of that is 405 calories/72g carbs/5g fat/18g protein

Replies

• juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Greek yogurt when I didn't have milk and butter on hand and I actually really liked it. I try to add veggies like green be a nd too.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif
  • juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think that personally, I will be avoiding mac n cheese while dieting. During this time, I think im going to look to devise a 'healthier' mac and cheese recipe.