Carbs and snacking

Options
So I've been regulating my carb intake for the past couple months (mostly things like bread, pasta,etc. Not so much apples, etc). Today I had a sandwich (two pieces of bread), oatmeal, an apple, and tortellini. Now I have the after dinner munchies like crazy - I haven't felt like this in over a month! I've definitely had enough to eat today, so I'm seriously wondering if there is some connection to carb intake and snack cravings. Any thoughts or evidence?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,042 Member
    Options
    There certainly seems to be.

Have more protein and fat, feel better.

The trick is to keep the three balanced, then you don't have those big swings.
  • mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Just keep paying attention to it and trying to make decisions with less carbs. I am having a fight with my carb love. Some days I do well and other days I am at 180g a day. Ugh...but I love sandwiches, toast, English muffins, granola bars, cereal, etc.

I dont want to completely take out carbs because then I will fail. Like cmriverside said ... try to keep it more balanced. I was like 60% Carbs over the course of a week and now I'm 50%/49% ... progress :)

Good luck!
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't really miss them, I was just really surprised with the snack attack I'm having tonight. I never considered to connect carb intake to snacking desire
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I definitely see an increase in cravings for snacks when I eat more carbs then usual. I try to keep it between 50-75 g a day. High carb foods like bread and pasta set me off, and then I'm constantly hungry and craving snacks the rest of the day. Hence the lower carb goal on my macros :) I don't really miss them when I don't have them, so it works out better for me that way.