Why am I eating more than 2500 calories in a day!?

Options
I'm trying to lose 1 pound of fat per week. I'm 5'8, 163 pounds, started at 230 pounds. I exercise 5 times per week, high cardio and weight train at least 3-4 per week. What i'm stressing out about is how high my calories are in a day and usually when I wake up early for work(nothing with high physically activity, just babysit kids lol)....At the end of the day I eat between 2400, 2500 calories, today it was bad I had 3000 calories ugh!!!!! >.< These calories aren't subtracting my exercise, but I assume I burn between 400-600 calories per day. Is this normal...eating so many calories in a day?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    are you losing weight?
  • pitafitness
    Options
    Yes...well i weigh in every 2 weeks...and i lost a little over 2 pounds last time, but I wasn't eating as much as now. I weigh in again Saturday so I shall see... :-/ I also think that my body doesn't want me to lose weight like it knows i'm almost at my goal weight, but I won't stop, I won't give up! >.<
  • allysteven880
    Options
    i am too foody so never recommend on this. but know that regular workout eliminate all the negativity from your body.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    Your doing fine and glad to see your eating, it helps protect lbm while in a deficit. all you have to do is continue to monitor your weight going forward, it's possible you may have to lower cals a bit if you stall.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'm confused, are you intentionally eating this much? If you are, and you're losing weight, what is the problem? If you're not intentionally eating this much, then what is the question?
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I don't know.....why are you?
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes...well i weigh in every 2 weeks...and i lost a little over 2 pounds last time, but I wasn't eating as much as now. I weigh in again Saturday so I shall see... :-/ I also think that my body doesn't want me to lose weight like it knows i'm almost at my goal weight, but I won't stop, I won't give up! >.<

U have your answer

Its working so whats the issue I can drop weight at 3500calories if my training is intense

Do what works for u
  • Bencribb
    Bencribb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Have you ever recalculated your goals as your weight dropped? A 230 pound person burns more calories at rest than a 160 pound person. From my experience mfp doesn't automatically deduct calorie counts as you loose weight. So every once in a while you have to update your diet profile to get it to stop tracking all the extra at rest calories you no longer are burning just by doing nothing.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7", and I weigh a little more than you do. I eat 2050 per day before exercise and over 2500 after exercise. I have been losing weight just fine. No worries. :smile: