Anybody doing low carb

Options
I need to have a low carb diet (due to PCOS) and around 1500 calories. I just bought protein powder so I can replace a meal or even just use it for extra protein. I am having a hard time getting started and have been eating more carbs that I realize at the time. (Today was a bad, bad day.) Can any low carb people show me your food diary so I can see what I need to be eating? And any other suggestions are welcome.

Replies

• Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have PCOS and am eating a low carb diet too (around 90g/day). My diary is open and you're more than welcome to add me if you'd like. I can't promise that I'm the best role model for diet (I did eat mcdonalds for dinner tonight - sans bun, of course), but it's always nice to have friends with similar goals. :smile:
  • EpicMedic
    EpicMedic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I need to have a low carb diet (due to PCOS) and around 1500 calories. I just bought protein powder so I can replace a meal or even just use it for extra protein. I am having a hard time getting started and have been eating more carbs that I realize at the time. (Today was a bad, bad day.) Can any low carb people show me your food diary so I can see what I need to be eating? And any other suggestions are welcome.

You can do anything you set your mind to. Remember, progress is NEVER a straight line. Everyone slips up, everyone makes mistakes, and the people who look back from the finish line are the ones who were able to take those mistakes in stride and get back on the path. Protein shakes are only as good as they taste, you have to want to drink them, so try out a few and really search for something you enjoy. Become best friends with lean meats, chicken is your friend (not JUST white meat, dark meat is delicious and NOT bad for you, despite the "white meat only" propaganda!) Whenever you get the chance, skip the bun, the wrap, the rice, the noodles. It's hard but you CAN do it!
  • julieganoe
    Options
    I eat low carb every other day (carb cycling) be my guest...
  • allysteven880
    Options
    i also eat low carb and maintain my body fitness.
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you, guys. Low carb seems to be the only way I can lose weight. And I didn't realize how many carbs I was eating until I started logging everything in my diary on here.
  • greyskies
    greyskies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im doing low carb. I like the premier protein drinks. At only 160 calories and 30 grams of protein and only 2-4 carbs. I have lost 8 lbs in about a month. Slow to me but i guess average. I try to only have 1 per day and eat regular food the rest of the time. I have also been watching the calories. Trying to stick to around 1200 a day or less. I really want to lose some fast weight.
  • greyskies
    greyskies Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also you can look at my diary if you like. I eat a lot of veggies and very low carb items. I stick to around 20-30 per day and thats not including the fiber deduction.
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I am diabetic and control my blood sugar with diet alone, so lower carb works for me.
  • gettingthere1991
    Options
    Veggies, cheese, protein shakes, lean meat (chicken is best; if I eat red meat it is MUCH hard for me to lose weight). Eggs. Boca Burgers only 70 cals!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Fat is key. Anything over 35% of calories from protein is probably over the top, low carb means 20% or less from that so you're looking at 50% fat at least - no lean or diet anything for starters !
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Did a doctor tell you to go low carb for PCOS? Or are you self-diagnosing?
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I try to limit my carbs as much as possible. Recently started making sandwiches in romaine lettuce leaves instead of bread. Filling, delicious and guilt free :smile:
  • wenshel7
    wenshel7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you access the Atkin's website, it is full of good information, lists of low-carb foods and even an "induction" phase to help you get started. I don't follow Atkin's strictly, but am doing low carb - you can look at my diary, just ignore the holidays and birthdays :laugh:
  • xenabee1
    Options
    I am doing low carb/LCHF combination. Feel free to add me. I have lost 12.5 since Jan 6. Slow and steady, but I feel great. I am almost 44 yrs old with about 60+ lbs to lose.
  • amanstewa3
    amanstewa3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Did a doctor tell you to go low carb for PCOS? Or are you self-diagnosing?

My gynecologist diagnosed me with PCOS and referred me to in endocrinologist. The endo suggested low carb (basically a diabetic type of diet since many people with PCOS become insulin resistant). He also gave me Metformin, which I can not take.