Hi got on my bike and lost 65lb

started cycling 1st of august 2013 ,also stopped eating junk food and watching portion sizes ,7lb till target weight.
had not been on a bike for 30 years so it was hard at first only done a few mile to start then built it up ,now planning to cycle to work at least 2 or 3 days a week 24 mile round trip.logging all my food now and allowing myself the odd treat :smile:

Replies

• Man, I need to buy myself a bike!
  • mel5580
    mel5580 Posts: 60 Member
    That is awesome...congrats on your success and healthy lifestyle changes :smile:
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 391 Member
    Mine was stolen! Will be awhile before I can get another one. Amazing job
    well done!
  • djs2303
    djs2303 Posts: 93 Member
    Absolutely amazing, well done pal :)
  • jigsaw_me
    jigsaw_me Posts: 616 Member
    Great work!
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Well done you.
    I love my bike and have got several cycling/camping weekends planed for this summer.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Thats so awesome!!! Very well done!!
  • TayNLansNGraysDad
    TayNLansNGraysDad Posts: 138 Member
    Great job! I live in the sticks, so I have to ride a recumbent bike!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Applause! WTG!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I know what you mean, my hubby talked me into getting a bike and it really was not my thing but then I started losing weight and began to love it! Nothing like biking on the nice spring days coming up! I didn't expect to lose weight from biking but it worked! We have a greenway here (nice bike path in Virginia). We just got them from Walmart, nothing fancy but you really don't need anything fancy.
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Oops... Sorry... I misread your title. I read "I got "high" on my bike and lost 65lb"

My bad.

Carry on!!!

:wink: Congrats!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    You can find bikes cheaply at thrift stores, craigs lists, newspapers, etc. That's where I got mine.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    and if he GETS HIGH ON HIS BIKE that's fabulous. I bet he feels that way!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Awesome work! =)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I wish I could do that. We have been living in the arctic, or so it seems. 3 weeks till spring. Congrats on your success.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Because bikes are awesome :D awesome job!
  • skippieone
    skippieone Posts: 15 Member
    Fabulous! I just bought a new road bike, it's still at the shop right now...but soon (when the snow melts and there's not as much salt on the roads) I'll be on it and cruising. I can't wait. I hope I have the same sort of success! Congratulations!
  • Bayluvr
    Bayluvr Posts: 115 Member
    Great job! I live in the sticks, so I have to ride a recumbent bike!

Started riding my recumbent bike around May 2013 after making a lifestyle change in my eating habits in February 2013. To date, I've lost 77.5 lbs. Not too shabby for a middle aged, post-menopausal woman with spinal instability stemming from a fracture.

No exercise allowed for me other than swimming and my recumbent bike. I can't swim, so the bike it was because I didn't want the pounds to continue to pile on due to inactivity

I'd had gastric bypass surgery in 2000 and initially lost 177 lbs, but had re-gained 71 lbs. Those lbs are gone now, and I'm working towards better fitness for an upcoming spinal surgery. Thank goodness for my bike!

To the OP, JOB WELL DONE!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
    H. G. Wells

But yea, I lost all my weight on a bicycle.
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Hubby and I have just been discussing bike riding as a couple activity. I'm happy to read about the extra benefit! Congratulations on the weight loss and being so close to goal - as well as getting healthier! Cheers!