Hi Everyone!

Options
Hi everyone!
Today is my first day and I'm kind of nervous because I have about 60 lbs. to lose. I don't know how I got here but am tired of being here, so I'm ready! This seems like such a wonderful, supportive community. I really think I can do it this time. I'll be more than happy to encourage anyone else to do it with me- I'm very determined to lose some weight by New Year's. No more comments from family members!!!! I need to get healthy for myself and be around for my boys, 10 and 6, once and for all! Thanks for the support!

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit. You sound very determined, and that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging people over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck, you've found a great place to get you on track!!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want some extra support and motivation :) Good luck in your journey. Stay positive and stick to it and you'll amaze yourself at what you can do!
  • suzie1983
    Options
    Hi and welcome...i have only been using the site for a few days but everyone is so supportive and motivational...its a great place to support...feel free to add me as a friend!!!!:smile:
  • Sherry1979
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! You have the right attitude about this so I know you will be successful!!! I started out with around 80 lbs to lose and slowly but surely I'm half-way there. . .so don't let the total make you nervous. Just take one pound, even one ounce at a time and if and when you have setbacks just stay focused and don't let it derail you altogether! I'm just now getting "re-started" (once again) after being off track for a few weeks. . .I can say from experience if you have a bad day, it's much easier to recover from one day than one week or one month, but even then it's still possible!! Best of luck to you on this journey and add me as a friend too if you'd like. . I love making new friends on this journey :smile:
  • annita140
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I am excited to have joined such an informative group! I am looking forward to daily posts to help stay motivated on this weight loss journey! I decided I wanted to loose 40 lbs and have lost 5 since mid July. Woo Hoo!!
  • momtofour
    momtofour Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hi this site rocks youll love it here