What are the chances??

jcompton3821
jcompton3821 Posts: 109
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
What are the chances I can loose 5lbs this WEEK?? I need a jump start!!! Any ideas??

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    If you can survive on, say, 500 calories a day, it's possible.

That's a LOT of weight to lose in a week, unless you're carrying a lot of water weight.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Yeah, to lose that much it would have to be water (mostly), but still....drink tons of water and get lots of fiber and if nothing else you will look and feel better at the end of the week even if the five didn't come off. Good luck but be safe!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    You're chances would be very high if you weren't looking to lose only 30-something pounds. I would lose 5 pounds in a week occasionally at the beginning because I started out 170 pounds overweight. :\ Honestly, if you were to lose five pounds in one week, it'll probably be mostly from water.... Meaning that you probably won't look any different, clothes probably won't fit any better. You might as well stick with 1-2 pounds a week.

But, hey, you sure can try if you want. Just don't starve yourself. :)
  • Thank you both!! I do want to do it safely!! NO WAY could I live on 500 cals!!! LOL - :smile:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Now if only someone could show my how to lose 30 in a week (safe and healthy), I'll be forever in debt! :smile:
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Ditto that, rml_16! lol
This discussion has been closed.