Replies

• bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    Ya'll crazy, I love my carbs.
  • KateDaigle720
    KateDaigle720 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    14 years ago I lost 70 pounds on Atkins. Unforunately, I gained all the weight back and a little more. Carbs are my enemy, for sure. I currently do not follow the Atkins diet, but I do limit my carbs to between 80 and 100 per day. :smile:
  • drapleb
    drapleb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am not doing a certain low carb diet with strict limitations but I limit my carb intake as much as possible and focus on high protein. I'm usually around 100 + grams of protein and always under the recommended carb intake from MFP. I log all my food, so send a request, I love more friends :)
  • huneydrop
    huneydrop Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi there! I've been on low carbs for a month an a half. I've lost 17 pounds. Unfortunately, because of critical people on this site, I don't open my diary to people. Many believe that Atkins isn't the way to go and some have been very cruel about it.

I'd love for your friend addition, but because of past issues, I can't open my diary. I do, however, have many recipes and food ideas to share!

:)

You know you can open your diary to just friends right? That is what I have it set on. And I am only friends with people doing basically what I am so I would expect no judgement and not got any.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My daughter introduced me to the book "Grain Brain". I am a sugarholic and have treated myself to a 30 day No processed sugar way of eating for almost 6 months it was going so well. At that time, I just excluded processed food, and continued to eat some some of my fave grains, and lost below the weight I always felt comfortable. My goal is to lose the body fat, and to lose the weight that I have gained back. I want to live into my 90's with a SHARP BRAIN (smile)...and this book has really opened my eyes to a lot of the reasons of some of my allergy problems. This time around, I am eating good protein, fresh veggies, and fruit (and even then I have to watch my fruit, cause it includes DRIED fruit). My food diary is open. Glad I found your post. It is nice to read the different replies. Thanks! Deb :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Atkins. Lost 42 pounds in five months and felt great.

Holidays came – admittedly not my best effort. Was sluggish from all the carbs and ‘holiday food’ eaten. It was amazing to me how much I felt the difference.

Now totally back on Atkins and the scale is dropping again! Still in sight of my goal weight. The key is logging everything. I don’t use the food diary on Atkins because it is too time consuming and a pain. MFP is perfect. I track my food throughout the day so I know what amount of carbs I’ve eaten and have left.

Low carb is not for everyone, but I find it works best for me since carbs are a major problem for me and why I gained the weight that I did. I did a lot of research before starting on Atkins. Get the books or the audio books from your local library instead of buying anything.

And Atkins’ free starter kit has valuable info and free breakfast bars. I refer to my carb counter book a lot.
  • cm246
    cm246 Posts: 12
    Options
    Been doing low carb since Feb 1st, , and loving it. 46 year old, with lots left to lose, feel free to add me..:)
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Not doing Atkins but my trainer would like to see me do lower carb. Today is my first day really watching my carb intake. Add me if you'd like.
  • maezombiegirl
    maezombiegirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I cant do Atkins as I am allergic to casein in dairy and egg whites and beef! Now I am Paleo/Keto, eating lots of ghee, bone broth, meat and veggies, and now that my teenager is on board, it is easier to shop because she is trying to quit junk, carbs and sugar.

If anyone wants to buddy up or send a FR, all are welcome!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been on keto since late July! I reached my lowest weight yesterday, but since I worked out also and had a bit more sodium than normal, the scale is up 3 lbs of water weight, but that's okay! I know it's not real weight! Anywho, I have a public diary so anyone interested can see what I eat. I try to keep net carbs under 30.