Drinking A LOT of water and I am still thirsty…?

Options
Hi all! Just a little question about water…. I recently purchased a health o meter scale from amazon that tracks weight, body fat %, & hydration level. According to the scale my hydration level is around 45-46% (I weigh almost daily, just to see change in hydro level). I have been exceptionally thirsty recently and no matter how much water I drink I can't seem to get rid of that thirsty dry mouth feeling. From what I have found, a hydration level between 45-60% is adequate hydration but it varies for every individual. I drank around 2gal of water yesterday and my hydration level increased .4% which is good I guess but I am still thirsty. Is this odd or I am just being paranoid?

Replies

• juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That sounds crazy! I know I tend to be more thirsty when it's really cold like it has been here in NJ,but 2 gallons?! I know some medications cause that thirsty or dried out feeling. I can't think of anything else, but that is a ton of water to be feeling thirsty.
  • lunapetu0311
    Options
    Be careful not to drink TOO much water which can lead to "water poisoning".

Is there any reason you should be thirstier than normal? Medication, upped your exercise,extra caffeine or alcohol, temperature change, dry weather, change in foods you eat, illness? Maybe try drinking something other than water so see if that helps quench your thirst - tea, juice, electrolyte sports drink, coconut water, etc.

Some days I feel really thirsty too and water doesn't seem to quench it either. But then I go back to normal in a day or two. If it doesn't seem to go away, talk to your doctor because it may be a symptom of something else underlying.

Good luck!