Can I Eat Chocolate?

Options

Replies

• janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate. And whatever else you want. Measure and weigh (or use the nutritional info), LOG that food, water and exercise, don't go over your caloric goal, and MOVE!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    The most successful, long term, sustainable 'diet' is one you can stay with for, like, EVER!!! EAT THE CHOCOLATE!!! :flowerforyou:

BTW - When I use the term diet I mean the actual meaning of the word which is:
    - what person or animal eats: the food that a person or animal usually (habitually) consumes
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Anything is allowed on a diet. Just fit it into your day.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    As long as your 1 or 2 pieces aren't the 5lb bar size, or you don't have some sort of medical condition prohibiting the consumption of chocolate, I don't see why you can't eat some.
    Generally speaking, the darker the chocolate (higher cacoa %) the better it is supposed to be for you.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Were you attacked by Dementors ?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You don't need anyone's permission to eat a certain kind of food, you're an adult. As long as what you are eating fits into your calorie goal for the day, you'll lose weight. That doesn't mean eat chocolate all day, because that would be a nutritional disaster, but if you've hit your nutritional goals for the day and have some calories left over, eat whatever treat you want. People here eat chocolate, cookies, or ice cream every single day and still lose weight.
    100% agree with this. I absolutely love chocolate (who doesn't?) and I've been eating a dark chocolate bar for dessert most nights.

If you're still hungry after dinner, and you also REEEALLY want that chocolate, try having your chocolate bar with a piece of fruit. Like a pear, an orange, some berries, anything. Not only does the fruit bring out the flavor of the chocolate, but it will actually keep you more full than the chocolate alone would have. It's a great trick that I recently discovered and love to use! :)

I do similar...but with pistachios. It's a riskier choice, but sooo good.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    I'm going to repeat what others have said, yes you can eat chocolate (or cookies, or candy, or ice cream).

You do need to get out of the "diet" mentality because the weight does not stay off if you're on a "diet". If it did, then I for one wouldn't be here. I've gained and lost and gained back some more over 30 years now. You're changing how you eat, and what you're willing to do to accomplish how you wish to eat, aka lifestyle change. For me, chocolate especially dark has to be part of that lifestyle because I refuse to give it up.

So again, if it fits into your daily numbers, eat the chocolate.

edited to add PS - the quotes around "diet" are meant to show it as the restrictive I'm on a "diet" meaning of the word and not the meaning of the type foods we eat.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    This journey is all about "whatever works for you." If you can manage having chocolate and it fits into your logging, then why not have it.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat 85% + dark chocolate. I eat 3-4 pieces of day. However, this is 3-4 pieces of dark chocolate that is not full of cr@p.

I'm going to assume that you want to lose weight so the only thing I can suggest is read the labels and a lot of the mass produced brands (Lindt, Cadbury, etc) has a lot of stuff in it. If you live in Canada (probably not but worth the mention) try President's Choice Organic European Extra Dark Chocolate (85%). Ingredients are: "Organic unsweetened chocolate, organic cane sugar, organic cocoa butter, soy lecithin, organic vanilla extract". Half the bar is 310 calories. In some other dark chocolate that would be 4 pieces.

Point of the story: Eat chocolate. Be smart about it and keep your goals in mind.
  • juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OMG YOU GUYS!!

I got Ghiardelli (sp) SEA SALT SOIREE with roasted almonds. I just really love the name, so I had to scream it. One square is like 63 calories and that's all I needed and its pretty dark stuff but not too dark for me. Made my day too.

That is all.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Jealous! Those are soooo good
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OMG YOU GUYS!!

I got Ghiardelli (sp) SEA SALT SOIREE with roasted almonds. I just really love the name, so I had to scream it. One square is like 63 calories and that's all I needed and its pretty dark stuff but not too dark for me. Made my day too.

That is all.

I have a bar of that at home and I agree, one square after dinner, usually with a glass of red wine is fantastic!

I also keep a bag of Ghiradelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel Squares in my desk at work - 70 calories for one square. I finished the bag today. So sad... must go to store this weekend and replenish.

Pretty much any chocolate with sea salt is my latest obsession...
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

OMG me too - Sea Salt and chocolate - add carmel - sooo good - The last one I got was Sea Salt and Carmel Turtles - Delicious! I bought 4 boxes of them on clearance last night - I only ate 2 pieces, but I think my husband ate 1/2 a box! LOL Hopefully they last a little while!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    OMG YOU GUYS!!

That is all.

If 63 calories of something makes you happy and helps you maintain your "diet" long term, that's a no brainer. 63 calories is very easy to work into a day. Good for you!
  • lolosensan
    Options
    If you like Ghiradelli Sea Salt Soiree try Lindt Dark Chocolate A Touch of Sea Salt. Actually all the Lindt bars are great. I also recently discovered a brand called Endangered Species which is really good and my all time favorite brand- Chocolove...pricier "health food store" kinda bar but great when you want to treat yo-self!
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I'm allergic to milk, so I eat any that doesn't have milk in it. But, I also like it to have other stuff in it, especially chilies. I usually eat chocolate with a pretty high percentage of cocoa, but right now have one that's only 55% with orange peel that's Chocolove brand. It's yummy! Darker chocolate is a bit of an acquired taste in my opinion, but it's easier to only eat a little piece!
  • CharzieGirl
    Options
    I also recently discovered a brand called Endangered Species which is really good
    I've had that brand before! And it IS really good! And 10% of the profits go to animal conservation efforts! Good for your soul too :p
  • juliacatherine1
    juliacatherine1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

I have a bar of that at home and I agree, one square after dinner, usually with a glass of red wine is fantastic!

I also keep a bag of Ghiradelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel Squares in my desk at work - 70 calories for one square. I finished the bag today. So sad... must go to store this weekend and replenish.

OMG yes, I had those last week. also I am obsessed with the sea salt and chocolate too lately. I think thats why I like chocolate so much now because im not really a sweets person.
  • Deathlylooks
    Options
    Yes you can eat whatever you want...take control and do it
  • taekwondo_bitch
    taekwondo_bitch Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is still full of sugar, but if you're only having one or two squares a day then you're fine. That being said, you don't need permission to eat chocolate. Just make sure all your macros are good, and have fun.