Hooping for Fitness?

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any experience with hooping to lose weight?
    How FUN! However, it's not the hoop that will lead to weight loss, but the calorie deficit itself that is created by the increased exercise.

I say just to hoopa away and have a great time.
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, obviously it's *literally* the calorie deficit, but I imagine it's good to do things that help lead to a calorie deficit, no? Not to mention the over all general fitness one obtains from increased movement, particularly when one is seriously overweight.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You make me wanna buy a hula hoop soon...
    I already surrendered to the jumping rope as an alternative way to do my (rare) cardio intervals, hula hoop also seems such a funny way to keep moving. I wonder what muscles does it tone?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Yes, obviously it's *literally* the calorie deficit, but I imagine it's good to do things that help lead to a calorie deficit, no? Not to mention the over all general fitness one obtains from increased movement, particularly when one is seriously overweight.
    And, dancing with a heavy ring around your hips must burn a lot of calories. Add weights into any exercise equation and you've come up with a winner.

Just to clarify, my previous posting was in no way intended to be smart aleck, but you'd be surprised how many people post things about magic exercise or pills or some other latest fad for weight loss. So, I apologize if that's the way I came across. :smile:
  • mollydoodle1960
    Options
    This sounds like fun and something to get your heart pumping a little bit too. I have never seen a weighted one and will be on the look out for one !